Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just stuck on there or is it riveted. Before I try to remove it, I wanted to make sure that there are not going to be any holes behind it.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
I haven't. But, lots here have, and I removed my grill's 'Jeep' emblem for painting, by carefully "sawing" through the adhesive layer with dental floss. Others have used fishing line. Then clean up residue with Goo-Gone or Naphtha.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I removed the stickers already. Just wasn't sure of the trail rated badge. Will take it off this weekend

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks guys. I removed the stickers already. Just wasn't sure of the trail rated badge. Will take it off this weekend
Badge and stickers are the same procedure.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Don't take off that badge....your JK will think its a 2WD

:D

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am a little OCD and I have always debadged all my vehicles. What bothers me is its only on the drivers side and not on the passenger side. I was thinking of putting it on my tailgate in the area next to my license plate.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I am a little OCD and I have always debadged all my vehicles. What bothers me is its only on the drivers side and not on the passenger side. I was thinking of putting it on my tailgate in the area next to my license plate.
I know what you mean. I have always debadged mine as well. Just something about that Trail Rated badge makes me want to keep it on there. :D However, it isn't on the passenger side because that is where the antenna is. Some folks have removed the antenna and went with a hidden unit up in the rollbar padding. Then they place another Trail Rated badge over the antenna hole.:thumb:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I know what you mean. I have always debadged mine as well. However, it isn't on the passenger side because that is where the antenna is. Some folks have removed the antenna and went with a hidden unit up in the rollbar padding. Then they place another Trail Rated badge over the antenna hole.:thumb:
hmmm, now that sounds tempting. 'cept maybe on the roof rack instead. I know car antennae on one side of the light bar and cb antennae on the other. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'm a debadger myself. I also don't like my clothes to advertise. The trail rated didn't bother me though, but platidippin it sounds intersting, would like to see an after pic :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am planning to do exactly what you said. I do not like that it is only on one side. I have also de-badged all my cars. Only thing I didn't take off was the rings on our Audi, my wife made me keep them on there.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am planning to do exactly what you said. I do not like that it is only on one side. I have also de-badged all my cars. Only thing I didn't take off was the rings on our Audi, my wife made me keep them on there.
X2.

Did the same with my Bimmer and Grand Cherokee. On the Bimmer I left the central Logo as there is a big depression behind it. But on the Grand Cherokee everything is off.

The Trail rated badge looks cool though so I want to keep it but I need to find an appropriate place for it so it doesn't bother me every time I look at it. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts