Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it on the Quadratec catalogs recently. Looks like they trying to blend in the hard top users into it. But I am not too convinced on the window panes only being grabbed by velcro.

And I wondered how sturdy that top will hold over the first years.

If I get into getting it, gonna wait til they make the bug fixes first. Never being the first adopter on new stuff.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Trektop Pro has not started shipping yet. There is at least one other thread on here on this top. I ordered one over 2 months ago and hope to receive it this month.

The window panels are not held in by Velcro. There is a groove in the hardware that the panels slip into at the top. And I expect the top to be at least as sturdy as any other Bestop product.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm curious to see how it ends up being on kind of up in the air about them

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
The Trektop Pro has not started shipping yet. There is at least one other thread on here on this top. I ordered one over 2 months ago and hope to receive it this month.

The window panels are not held in by Velcro. There is a groove in the hardware that the panels slip into at the top. And I expect the top to be at least as sturdy as any other Bestop product.
I am REALLY curious to hear how you like it! It SOUNDS awesome, but I'm nervous about its actual performance.

If you do a write up on it after you get it, would you mind sending it to me in a PM? I'd like to get it onto the first page or two of the Soft Top HELP!!! thread. I'll definitely give you credit as the author.

Thank you very much! :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I wonder what is the top speed the top can handle with the windows and read windows off.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Getting real close to buying one myself. Just can't find any video or info on how difficult or time consuming it is to take the whole top off and put it on.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I mean it seams cool at hell but I feel it's so much like a hard top you might as well just have a hard top. Maby I'm nuts but it feels like a hard top with a sunrider option

·
Registered
2009 JK Sport tweaked a bit.
297 Posts
I was very close to pre-ordering one and decided to get the TrekTop NX. Figured I'd let Bestop work out the kinks on the first release before dropping +$1k on it.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Good plan. Bestop has revised the Trektop NX quite a bit since it was first released. It's a lot better now. I'm sure the same thing will happen with the Pro. I am pretty sure I have heard of Bestop sending customers the new revised parts when they became available if they asked for them, but I don't know the circumstances around that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is the Bestop Pro or the Trektop NX better than the premium twill softtop that you can is from mopar?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
They are completely different styles of tops and you can't really compare them that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts