Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the HCE-RCAM-WRA paired with a i207-WRA and overall its a great camera.
But when it really rains and gets wet, it cuts in and out during use. Once it dry and back to normal.
I check the connections and even put shrink tubing over the connector with no luck.
I wonder if water is getting inside the camera.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I had a cam something like that once upon a time, only it would cause problems in the Spring and Fall with the weather change.

The only thing I could think of was humidity inside the camera case condensing and causing water issues until such time as atmospheric pressure came back up and cleared the condensation.

Just a shot in the dark guess... but the best one I could come up with because I know the casing was tight. I even bathtub tested it to prove that to myself.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a cam something like that once upon a time, only it would cause problems in the Spring and Fall with the weather change.

The only thing I could think of was humidity inside the camera case condensing and causing water issues until such time as atmospheric pressure came back up and cleared the condensation.

Just a shot in the dark guess... but the best one I could come up with because I know the casing was tight. I even bathtub tested it to prove that to myself.

Thanks. I have another camera here and may swap out to see. Unless asking Alpine for help too. If other one works, will get Alpine to warranty this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I have the HCE-RCAM-WRA paired with a i207-WRA and overall its a great camera.
But when it really rains and gets wet, it cuts in and out during use. Once it dry and back to normal.
I check the connections and even put shrink tubing over the connector with no luck.
I wonder if water is getting inside the camera.
I have the exact same set up as you. No issues, with shorting or cutting in and out. My issue is love the extra brake light etc but the quality of the rear camera view compared to alot of others leaves me unimpressed. Glad I got it, love how it works with the i207 and wont switch it out but quality is "just enough".

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking about getting this camera, but someone on youtube said it was dim on their head unit
Nothing dim and I can post a picture later

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been using that camera with my i207-WRA since June and it has performed flawlessly in every kind of weather I have encountered here in Kentucky. Actually, I like it so much that I am ordering a second one to install on my father's JK right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've got one with my i207-WRA and haven't had any issues when it gets wet. My biggest problem is keeping it clean, it seems like every other day that I'm having to go back there to clean the lens off. I used heatshrink tape around the connector to keep it dry. Hopefully Alpine can get this resolved for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts