Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if any of you guys were doing anything to solve that wiper-freezing problems on JKs. I have seen those heated wipers but was also curious about any air deflectors that may redirect the defrost air to go lower down to where the wipers rest. This has happened once and I now just take the 4Runner in snowstorms or freezing rain type weather. I do need to get this issue resolved though. I love driving in snowy weather for snowshoeing, snowboarding, etc....sometimes just for fun.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just checking to see if any of you guys were doing anything to solve that wiper-freezing problems on JKs. I have seen those heated wipers but was also curious about any air deflectors that may redirect the defrost air to go lower down to where the wipers rest. This has happened once and I now just take the 4Runner in snowstorms or freezing rain type weather. I do need to get this issue resolved though. I love driving in snowy weather for snowshoeing, snowboarding, etc....sometimes just for fun.
The easiest solution would be to have a heated washer tank - spray the washer fluid and melt the ice. Once the engine is warm the stock setup does a half decent job with winter fluid.

If your talking about your wipers sticking to the window in the morning - well there are a 100 ways to deal with that - remote started or flip you wiper arms up when you leave the Jeep.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm referring to the ice buildup at the base of the windshield around the wiper blades. Since the air vents don't heat the windshield that low, the wipers soon become useless in those types of conditions. I had no idea they made heated washer tanks but I'd probably prefer heated wipers over that. Not sure how well those wiper blades actually work for precipitation but I guess they will not freeze up with ice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I read about this and experienced things like this with prior vehicles. Thus when I purchased my JK last year I tried to prepare for the worst. After lots of research I ended up just doing a simple DIY heated washer fluid mod (search my prior posts) and buying really good winter wipers. That combination has gotten me through the worst WNY could throw at me this year along with lots of wintry weather highway miles.

Whereas I initially thought I would need heated blades or a kit for heated washer fluid, I now realize that what I already did was plenty adequate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts