Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just happened a little bit ago. My girlfriend was almost to work when these lights came on and the Jeep was basically moving at a crawl then eventually a little faster. Sensor issue?

ForumRunner_20160419_071048.jpg

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
If it was at a crawl, the Jeep went into limp mode. See if it throwing any codes. Believe it or not, a bad batter can cause the Jeep to go into limp mode.

Low oil level can also cause limp mode, did you have the oil changed recently?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was at a crawl, the Jeep went into limp mode. See if it throwing any codes. Believe it or not, a bad batter can cause the Jeep to go into limp mode.

Low oil level can also cause limp mode, did you have the oil changed recently?
Actually, the battery was my initial thought. Then possible sensors of course. I'm find that speed sensors are quite common with throwing these lights.

Then oil was changed recently and its about 1500 miles into the new oil. I've been checking it constantly since finding out about its consumption rate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Really random luck but I wonder if there is something caught in in one of the wheels making it think that one of the tires is or is not spinning.

Is the jeep automatically engaging the brakes?

When the ESC (electronic stability control) engages it removes throttle and may engage specific brakes.

You could try pulling the ABS fuse while it is in this mode and see if it makes it better.
This would allow it to stop using the ESC and the engine should not loose power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts