Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looking to get out sometime this month and run a trail or 2?

Backway to CK?
Table Mesa?
Florence?

If you have anything planned I'd love to join. If no one has anything planned but wants to get out lets make it happen.

I'm down for early mornings or night runs.

Post up lets get something going!

Wes

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I will be up on the rim camping with a group of customers this weekend. But I can probably be persuaded to go next weekend (19th)... Let's see who else chimes in. Then I'm out until the 24th of October.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am heading to Flagstaff this Saturday for the 8th annual Willies Roundup. I will be available and willing to do a run anytime after that. I am actually off work all next week, so I will probably be out 4 wheeling at least one of those days. Mike

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Off all week too, out of town for a few days, but back for friday

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sundays are better for me but if I have a little notice I can switch my work schedule from Sat to Sun and make Sat work. Next weekend sounds good to me!

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Well, wife says this weekend (19th-20th) we are supposed to be camping with the kids... So I need to confirm that. But it looks like the following weekend (26th-27th) is now open. Does that work for anyone?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 26th is good for me. Also, my wife has taken this Friday off of work (Sept 18th) and wants to go the Crown King. So if anyone has Friday off, you are welcome to join us. Mike

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
26th I'm in for whatever. CK on friday I just found out I'm baby sitting my grandaughter.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id love to take Friday off to head to Crown King with you the wife can't take the day off and she would kill me if I went without her. So thats gonna be a no go for me hahaha.

26th I can make work if we get something firmed up.

Any ideas on trails?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I was hoping that @AzScooter would be up for Elvis and Jack Handle!!! The only trail in the Florence area I am familiar with is Box Canyon.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Ok, so baby sitting just got canceled, free on friday now, if I can get these swapped in tomorrow.

Don't count me in yet but if you end up going I'll tag along to break them in. 20200916_180726.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Coke ovens are in the Florence area. I have not been there in years, but I remember it was a good run.

We are still planning on doing the CK run on Friday. Flexible on start time. Mike

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello jeep peeps

New front DS being installed tomorrow. I'm open for an offroad excursion. I'm off Fridays and Saturdays.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Hello jeep peeps

New front DS being installed tomorrow. I'm open for an offroad excursion. I'm off Fridays and Saturdays.
We're shooting for the 26th... Looking for trail ideas. Was hoping @AzScooter Scott would lead us on Elvis and Jack Handle. But as long as we have good GPS mapping, I'll give it a go.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Ok, so baby sitting just got canceled, free on friday now, if I can get these swapped in tomorrow.

Don't count me in yet but if you end up going I'll tag along to break them in. View attachment 4453819
OK, Got new (Rebuild with A.A. SYE to get rid of the Hack-n-tap inherited with Jeep.) transfer case and driveshaft swapped in and road tested on freeway, Ready to go test out the T-Case. 20200917_152727[1].jpg 20200917_152732[1].jpg

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
956 Posts
We're shooting for the 26th... Looking for trail ideas. Was hoping @AzScooter Scott would lead us on Elvis and Jack Handle. But as long as we have good GPS mapping, I'll give it a go.

I'm down for the 26th.

I downloaded the trails for Jack handle and elvis to my GPS toy. Trails look to be in the same area as box canyon. I'll peruse Youtube to see the obstacles and difficulty level.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
OK, Got new (Rebuild with A.A. SYE to get rid of the Hack-n-tap inherited with Jeep.) transfer case and driveshaft swapped in and road tested on freeway, Ready to go test out the T-Case. View attachment 4453963 View attachment 4453964
I like it! I don't know YJ's at all, but can you rotate the axle a little to get the pinion at zero? Put the small angle at the double cardan?

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
I like it! I don't know YJ's at all, but can you rotate the axle a little to get the pinion at zero? Put the small angle at the double cardan?
You are correct. Pic was taken before I lifted trans & skid plate back up. Pinion angle is actually perfect. I had Jason cut and weld on new perches after I installed the lift kit to get rid of the shims.

Reactions: Pressurized
1 - 20 of 50 Posts