Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
You are correct. Pic was taken before I lifted trans & skid plate back up. Pinion angle is actually perfect. I had Jason cut and weld on new perches after I installed the lift kit to get rid of the shims.
I like it! I don't know YJ's at all, but can you rotate the axle a little to get the pinion at zero? Put the small angle at the double cardan?
Better?
20200918_183014[1].jpg

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Where we meeting? What time?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Isn't this the same permit we got for El Camino del Diablo?. Mine should still be good through November, but I can't find a record of last years purchase on the web

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Never mind, almost time to renew anyway

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
permit acquired. What time and where?

has anyone done said trails, jackhandle and elvis?
Normal meeting place is the flower pots 2 miles off of 87 on Price Station Rd at the junction. There's a turn we have to make right there now that we can't drive through Country Thunder any more...

How early do you want to meet?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Normal meeting place is the flower pots 2 miles off of 87 on Price Station Rd at the junction. There's a turn we have to make right there now that we can't drive through Country Thunder any more...

How early do you want to meet?
Highway 87? Map shows highway 79.

Not much of a morning person. Meet 9 or 10?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Highway 87? Map shows highway 79.

Not much of a morning person. Meet 9 or 10?
Yes, it is 79.... Not sure where the 87 came from. 🥴 9 is good with me. I'll probably pop in to the gas station about 1-2 miles south of Price Station to top off gas before heading out there.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
9am works for me. Gonna take me at least an hour to get to that side of town.
I'm on the east side and it still takes me 51 minutes to get out there...

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Lots of last minute prep... Got the dash apart, trying to get the permanent CB install done today. Turn signals stopped working, seems to be the flasher relay. Picking one up today, but that wouldn't keep me off the trail.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Lots of last minute prep... Got the dash apart, trying to get the permanent CB install done today. Turn signals stopped working, seems to be the flasher relay. Picking one up today, but that wouldn't keep me off the trail.
Hows she looking?

Wifes dragging me out to some friends tonight, hopefully won't be there all night.

Got permit and will be there by 9m tomorrow. See y'all then.

Wes

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Hows she looking?

Wifes dragging me out to some friends tonight, hopefully won't be there all night.

Got permit and will be there by 9m tomorrow. See y'all then.

Wes
Got it together and everything is functioning at a minimum... CB dropping an SWR of just over 3, no good. Disassembled and ground off paint at every mount/junction and confirmed all grounds, re-ran cable, etc... Still bad. I will see if I can recruit my radio pro @bobchase when he has a few free minutes to help.

Be there at 9am! Hitting the gas station just south of Price Rd about 8:30.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
21 - 40 of 50 Posts