Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering it as a dealer installed item.

We'd really like to hear about it!

How's the ride quality on and off highway, flex, load capacity, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mopar lift is actually a rubicon express lift I have the 4.5 inch long arm but I got a hell of a deal on mine I bought the last 2011 my dealer had so they gave me a great deal on alot of addons for my model year. other than that I would have bought mine seperatly. rubicon express lifts are very nice lifts and can be pricey mine lists for around 3500.00. being able to roll it into your payment is nice to. I did lift, tires, spacers, drive shafts,and calabrating tool owe and they powder coated my stock rims for me all rolled into the deal at 0% interist.:dance:

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
Not really used because of the expense.
Mopar Is just a rebrand.

Are you worried about the "warranty"?
:rofl:
Won't it mess up my warranty ???
With drivetrain or axel fall .
Or what if my spring falls out to I have to pay to replace it cause I no longer have a warranty because of my lift ??

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have a Mopar lift for my 2 door, was able to get the dealer down to where the cost was comparable to the other lifts with the same parts. The dealer also put it in writing that since they installed the lift, it had the same 36/36000 warranty as the jeep. I have the Bilstein shocks and I like the ride on and off road. The wife thinks the ride is choppy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...Are you worried about the "warranty"?
Frankly, yes - we bought the Lifetime B to B like we did on the Power Wagon. Having it dealer installed removes some of the hassle since the lift is listed on the vehicle sheet.

It's the same as adding the OEM Power Wagon rock rail to my '09 at the dealer - since it's a MOPAR part, it's fine.

The posted question is more about the quality of the components vs the warranty in any respect.

Mark

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
IMO if it is a rebranded RE lift, not great in comparison to Teraflex, Rock Krawler or Synergy. A dealer can wiggle out of your warranty w/ a Mopar lift and cite "extreme offroad use" as a reason if you plan to wheel at all. Granted, I said try cause you can always fight it but if they'll give you the run around anyway, get a better lift. I think RE had a good TJ lift but not so much on the JK. Plus they are now owned by 4 wheel parts parent company so expect it to turn into Pro Comp 2.

My .02

-Dan

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Having it dealer installed removes some of the hassle since the lift is listed on the vehicle sheet.

It's the same as adding the OEM Power Wagon rock rail to my '09 at the dealer - since it's a MOPAR part, it's fine.

The posted question is more about the quality of the components vs the warranty in any respect.
I'm sure it's a fine lift, but Mopar lifts are "performance parts" that come with no warranty whatsoever, even if the dealer installs them. So you in essence pay about twice what it's worth in exchange for . . . well, nothing really. Read this thread from beginning to end for a thorough discussion: (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/mopar-lift-kit-info-128757.html).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, the warranty is not what I care about at this point.

How do they perform? The two replies on that are opposites ;^)

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Are you worried about the "warranty"?
Frankly, yes - we bought the Lifetime B to B like we did on the Power Wagon. Having it dealer installed removes some of the hassle since the lift is listed on the vehicle sheet.

Again, the warranty is not what I care about at this point.
That's cool, but how is it that "again" the warranty issue is not what you care about?

You asked about Mopar lifts, were asked if the warranty issue is the reason behind your inquiry, and you responded "Frankly, yes" and indicated you believed that it would be "on the vehicle sheet" and that "since it's a MOPAR part, it's fine," when in fact none of that is true. So I'm confused.

Regardless though, yeah if it's a Rubicon Express lift it should be okay and the Billie shocks are really good. But for what you're going to pay at the dealer you could buy a much better lift aftermarket. You'll essentially pay for a premium lift and get an average lift.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Replies on anther board indicate that the ride is indeed harsh. I contacted my friend Scott Brady about it, and we've decide to go another direction.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
33 Posts
They offer 3 different types of shocks, the first is the basic version (Pat would know best and he says Tereflex). The other two offerings are FOX and Bilstein shocks.

I have my dealership installing the 2" FOX kit on my rig. I do not have the time or know-how to install.

I checked around and the deal I was able to negotiate is comparable to other installers and they are putting it on right when the JKUR comes in so I will have new take-offs to sell.

As far as a warranty, I am not going to touch that one!

·
Registered
165 Posts
IMO if it is a rebranded RE lift, not great in comparison to Teraflex, Rock Krawler or Synergy. A dealer can wiggle out of your warranty w/ a Mopar lift and cite "extreme offroad use" as a reason if you plan to wheel at all. Granted, I said try cause you can always fight it but if they'll give you the run around anyway, get a better lift. I think RE had a good TJ lift but not so much on the JK. Plus they are now owned by 4 wheel parts parent company so expect it to turn into Pro Comp 2.

My .02

-Dan
It would be nice if people would research things before they say stupid things. RE is owned by trans american autoparts who does own pro comp and smitty built and several other companys. they are all there own seperate businesses. RE is still running and operating out of the same building they have been for a decade and still making the same high quality pruduct they always have. giving people misinformed information is not what these forums are about if it is in your opinion then say so but dont act like you know what your taking about with out research.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm sure it's a fine lift, but Mopar lifts are "performance parts" that come with no warranty whatsoever, even if the dealer installs them. So you in essence pay about twice what it's worth in exchange for . . . well, nothing really. Read this thread from beginning to end for a thorough discussion: (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/mopar-lift-kit-info-128757.html).
twice what its worth I know for a fact I didnt. I paid exactly what I would have from RE. But this is what I just said in my last post people shooting there mouth off with out research

1 - 20 of 26 Posts