Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and can't find much info on this, but occasionally when I shut my Jeep off (either for the night, or just to run inside a store) and get back in and start the Jeep the radio is off. It's always on the clock screen and it's usually on an AM station. Kinda like it's been reset. It's very strange, and of course my dealer said they've never heard of it. They said they may be able to just order me a new radio but I figure I'd check here first to see if anyone else has heard of it. I PM'd someone who had the issue and he said both of his Jeeps do it but it only happens 2-3 times per year. Mine is 1.5 years old and it's done it maybe 4 or 5 times.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW it's the 430N.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Mine was kinda doing that .but it was a 730 .my battery was starting to go .had it replaced and it fixed the problem.its something to check

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's done it since new and I replaced my battery last fall with a DieHard Platinum. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Do you loose any of the preset stations?

☞ Sent from here ☜

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 430 in my 2014 Sport does that about once every 2 months (it did it this weekend). Radio is off, equalizer settings reset, starts on AM. At least all my favorites are still there though. I did a search on the forum after it happened the first time, and it seems to happen to a few radios regularly. I'll try to dig up the post...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone come up with the cause of this problem? Bought my 2012 Jeep a month ago and the radio has rest 4-5 five times. Thanks

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Mine does it too. I really only listen to XM so wonder if sometimes it doesn't see a signal then defaults to the next type of tuner. Just a theory...

·
Registered
182 Posts
It happened once on my '13 JKUR. A little different though. It does not come on and there is no clock on screen either. I have the 130. It just started working about 20 minutes later like it never happened. No station loss and clock was still correct. Very odd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is always on FM and there is nothing I can attribute it to. When I turn on the ignition the radio is off showing the time. When I power it up the presets are still there but the EQ and fade are set back to factory default.

Has anyone actually contacted the dealer? Seems like something they would have to know about.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My 430 has lost all the map data. PITA. No time to get into a dealer to get it fixed. I like the radio otherwise, but I hope my issue isn't the beginning of larger issues to come.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I made the thread that was linked to. My presets were not getting erased either. It was just my EQ settings.

They have updated it and they have replaced my radio. The issue still sometimes occurs. I think it happens less often, but it wasn't completely resolved.

Granted, I had this done around 6 months ago. Perhaps they update is better now?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Happened to me. Ended up being loose battery connections.
That makes more sense than replacing the radio... especially since I imagine they just replace the head unit and not the connectors elsewhere. Did the dealership discover this, or did you find it on your own?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jeeps, can you give us more info? You had similar issues with the radio resetting and by tightening the battery connections it stopped?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I all ways know when this happens because I have a backup camera and there is a delay setting that keeps the camera on after you shift into drive and that gets turned off along with the eq is reset. Mine is the 430 non-nav
Chargermop,

What is this delay setting? I installed a backup camera, and it was hooked up to a 730n. I would like to have a delay setting, and I am looking for a way to do it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts