Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to lift my jeep for a very long time, but I want to do it ONCE and the right way. I hate doing things half assed.. That being said, I have been amazed by the places I have been able to go on my stock suspension and 31's, never thought I would be able to go to such places.. I have no desire to to do anything more than what I've already done. My jeep is my DD, the main r
reason i want a lift and bigger tires is because I think keeps look silly without being lifted, ... My question is this, should I go all out and buy a nice 4" teraflex lift .. Or will any other brand that is cheaper like rough country be able to take me the same places my stock one would? Isn't any kit better than stock?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
no, i would rather be stock than put just any el cheapo lift on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was told to stay away from rough country and go Teraflex. A fellow jeeper said their kits come with everything you need to do it right.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
There are a few visual components you can look at on a lift and quickly determine if you will see benefits. The most telling will be the type of arms used. Fixed joint on arms will be limited in the amount of flex or articulation due to the fact that they, by design, only allow the arms to travel up and down. The factory stamped steel arms are actually designed to flex better than many cheaper aftermarket arms. There are several companies that have flex joints in their arms. Currie, Rubicon express, teraflex and rock krawler are a few that come to mind. Opinions on those companies greatly vary as much as their prices do from company to company. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts