Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any plans for going out this Saturday February 6th I'd be happy to tag along if anybody is going out.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I thought Saturday was open, but its the day the family has decided to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought Saturday was open, but its the day the family has decided to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I'll keep you posted.
I'll bring a cake out with us.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Send me a Pic Of Shelby with her Jeep. I'll get it on the cake.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Send me a Pic Of Shelby with her Jeep. I'll get it on the cake.
Its my older daughter... Tina. I'm going to see if she is interested in a Jeep ride in the morning. I can put all of them in the blue Jeep and me and the wife in the yellow one. Maybe, I'll let you know.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
She seems interested... Should know shortly. Where would we go? They would have the grandkids with them, so they want to keep it a shorter day. Not sure who would want to do Box Canyon again, but that's something they want to see.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm down for an easy day, I wouldnt mind a leisurely stroll and a sandwhich.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Alright, looks like this is a go. Maverick gas station in Florence at 9:30. Everyone good with that? Super easy trail ride, 2wd unless you want to play on the waterfall (optional).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maverick is just across the the street from the Giant/Speedway/Whatever they're calling it today?

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Maverick is just across the the street from the Giant/Speedway/Whatever they're calling it today?
You're right, we meet at the Speedway... Not the maverick.

649 N Pinal Pkwy Ave, Florence, AZ 85132

3 Jeeps so far and 2 maybe's... Who else? We'll lunch at the waterfall and anyone that wants to play in 4x4, can.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
On the way, 5-10min behind schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good deal I'm 15 behind.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks like 30 behind text me if you want to meet at flower pots. 623 521 6554

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts
Enjoy your day guys. I'm starting a 8,8 replacement of my noisy D35. It'll only take me a month if it goes like everything else.

I need this Jeep reliable enough to drive it to meet Joe (and anyone else) at Grand Canyon sometime after Covid.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Enjoy your day guys. I'm starting a 8,8 replacement of my noisy D35. It'll only take me a month if it goes like everything else.

I need this Jeep reliable enough to drive it to meet Joe (and anyone else) at Grand Canyon sometime after Covid.

Good Luck, L.M.
Totally get it... Was a fun day on the trail, but crazy busy. Was probably 20 vehicles parked at the waterfall and another 20 went through while we were there. And it was almost non stop oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Good Luck, L.M.
Are you doing a Brake Booster upgrade also? Have fun with all that, After Watching the guys with 35's &37's with better approach angles climbing the rock faces I'm toying with putting one on the Sahara project and ditching the D35 on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts
Too far for you to travel, but there's a guy an hour away from me that sells 8.8 axles converted to YJ springs for $580.00. He advertises on the Denver Craigslist and has had good reviews on this forum. I met him yesterday and he seems like a real nice guy. I traded a pair of real nice YJ half doors with hard uppers and some cash for a 2005 Sport Trac 8.8 with 4:10 gears. New pinion seal and he welds the tubes to the pumpkin. He guarantees the axle for a year. I want to get this done so that I can continue assembling my builder motor.

Mrs. Lucky hornswaggled me into reupholstering a couple chairs, otherwise I'd have it set up to paint tomorrow. That's the price for being a Jack of All Trades.

I have a TJ brake booster and master cylinder but would rather find one from a YJ to save cutting and welding the rod. Not a big deal if I don't find a YJ booster, I just need to make the time to do the TJ booster or find a YJ booster for sale.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts