Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace front axle seals on my 06 Rubicon this weekend, is there anything more to it than disconnecting the wiring and removing the diff the normal way?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I have to replace front axle seals on my 06 Rubicon this weekend, is there anything more to it than disconnecting the wiring and removing the diff the normal way?
If the front is like the rear (has a sensor switch that feeds in from the side of the housing), then yes, you need to pay attention when re-installing your carrier/locker. You can't pull the switch plunger out and then install it after the carrier is back in. You have to get it in place while installing the carrier/locker.

Also, (and I'm sure you may know already) be sure to put everything back in the way it came out i.e. bearing caps on the correct side and oriented properly, shims, etc.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did it today and it went pretty smoothly. The way the cross shaft retainer pin sticks out had me puzzled till I decided to google it, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts