Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on heading out on sat May 3rd, to see how far up Sandstone Canyon goes. We did this run a week ago and had a blast wanna see how much further we can go.

This will be a all day run so come prepared, lunch and plenty of fluids (water).

Planning on starting out at Fish Creek stopping by the Wind Caves and then continuing on to Sandstone. Its very scenic, few "hard" obstacles. If interested in going let me know. Want to be on the trail around 9am to beat the head on the hike to the wind caves. If we finish sandstone early we will continue on to explore some other trails in that area :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sounds good to me. I know Candy would like to see that area after looking at the pictures. I'll be heading down by the salton sea.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so the plan for now is Wind Caves early in the morning before it gets hot, then head to Sandstone Canyon as far back as we can go without body damage. From there its upto what everyone wants to do. I personally want to head back out to borrego springs near Ocotillo wells and run a trail called coyote canyon trial which will leave us at highway 74 and s371. Other option is run Diablo drop off that will leave us at s2 south of where we started pinyon mountain trail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok so the plan for now is Wind Caves early in the morning before it gets hot, then head to Sandstone Canyon as far back as we can go without body damage. From there its upto what everyone wants to do. I personally want to head back out to borrego springs near Ocotillo wells and run a trail called coyote canyon trial which will leave us at highway 74 and s371. Other option is run Diablo drop off that will leave us at s2 south of where we started pinyon mountain trail.
If you are talking about Coyote Canyon that runs from Borrego Springs up to Hwy 371 and Anza it is closed to vehicles. The whole 27 miles used to be open to Jeeps but BLM put a fence up several years back. We live right at the top end of the canyon.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are talking about Coyote Canyon that runs from Borrego Springs up to Hwy 371 and Anza it is closed to vehicles. The whole 27 miles used to be open to Jeeps but BLM put a fence up several years back. We live right at the top end of the canyon.
I just saw a video from last year

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lower coyote canyon starting from Borrego near the statues

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gary is correct Geo. you can drive up Lower Coyote Canyon staying left to Sheep Canyon or staying right up the canyon that would have to taken you to Anza. That Part of the trail washed out years ago. There are markers stopping you from going any further. The only way out is back down through Coyote Canyon. It is a beautiful run. BTW the sand hill part of the Diablo Drop Off going up is tough but fun. Dakota and I had to air down to 10 pounds to make it 2 months ago. We might join you if it's not too hot. 73 down there this Saturday.

Grant

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome, hope you guys can make it. We just where there last weekend and the weather was nice a little bit warm but it was fine..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sand

Count us in. Last year we ran it to sandstone but there was a rock slide not sure if any crawlers have gone up there and pushed through it yet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have to pass on this run, transfer case linkage issues. :-( the repair kit won't arrive until the Tuesday, after the run......Trail hard, for me.
Rock Ryder

1 - 20 of 58 Posts