Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an Apollointech switch pod and an Auxbeam 20" lightbar for Christmas! :drinks: Got them installed over a couple of days; don't ask. :( Both work great except some of the LED lights on the switches are out. They do turn the power on and off at the pod, I checked them with a multi-meter.

One problem though is the mounting tabs on my bumper aim downward and I cannot get the lights to aim high enough. They are as high as I can get them. I need to shim the front of the mount somehow but not sure how. Any ideas?

Overall, the bar is very bright and has both spot and flood lights. I am pleased with the light output though I won't know the full extent until I get them aimed.

Enough talk, on with the pics. The pics with the light on the fence are with high beams and the light bar on and off. I want to get the spots aimed with the level of the high beams.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed I posted this on the JL forum, though it does still apply. But I have a JK. Mods, if you want to move it to the JK forum please do. Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How does it mount to the bar? Lights I have used in the past could be mounted differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does it mount to the bar? Lights I have used in the past could be mounted differently
This can be mounted from the back or sides and the back has a slot to allow up and down adjustment. But the light is adjusted all the way up but doesn't overcome the downward slope of the mounting tabs. But see my next post for the solution.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved! Before yesterday I had never heard of beveled washers. Found them in a Google search and then found a local store (Fastenal) that carries them. One was all it took to get them aimed up high enough. As best as I can tell right now. When it gets dark tonight I will double check but they appear to be aimed with the high beams against the garage door now.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts