Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Rubicon in April 2019, as of two weeks ago my Apple car play will not pop up or work. I have called Jeep and Uconnect they said it’s the 13.3 update on Apple phone is not compatible and they are working on a fix. Very frustrating for me, is anyone having same issue?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No issues with 13.3 on mine either. I have tried it with an iPhone 8, X, and 11 Pro. Both USB ports and the USB-C port all work. Have you tried using another cable?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar issue, but not just with iOS 13.3. It ended up being a cable. I ended up going to best buy and getting a more premium ($17) cable, and I have not had an issue since then. I spoke to the dealership, and they commented that a lot of people were having issues due to poor quality cables coming from Amazon or cheap gas station cables. They actually recommended a cable ordered directly from Apple is issues continued.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just took Jeep to dealership they said the I phone 8 with 13.3 and 2019 Rubicon with 8.4 stereo is not compatible with my phone and software yet. I will try another cord but my cord works fine for I phone 7 users and apply car play works for them in my Jeep. But iPhone 8 is not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also the cord I’m using is from apple and not one of those cheap cords. Apple car play worked with my phone until this last recent update with apple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2019 Rubicon, iPhone * 13.3 it connects fine, but starting 3 weeks ago doesn’t recognize voice commands. Like Call “Tom"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I performed this on my iPhone 8 and it fixed it ......... yea

Found it on a forum
Hi, for this problem, there are 4 ways that may help you. Firstly, check the iPhone microphone. Sometimes, it will influence the normal use of your iPhone. Secondly, try toggle off/on Dictation. You just get into "Settings" - "General" - "Keyboards" - "Enable Dictation".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Iphone 8 13.3.1
Called Jeep support, not much help. Said it was my carrier.
I can get it to work, but must turn siri on/off sometimes now ?????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry for responding to such a late thread, not sure if the OP got this resolved.

If not, curious if the head unit is up to date firware wise?

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,575 Posts
I phone 8, Verizon with 13.3 software. Jeep says their software is not updated yet to this phone and software for Verizon.
I am very sorry about this. Please continue checking the Uconnect website for software updates. If you would still like me to open a case for this concern please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ahhhhh ; I am running IOS 13.5.1 on my 2019 Sahara via "car play" or Bluetooth with NO ISSUES ! ...This is originating from my new iphone SE............I agree with the previous comment about the use of a QUALITY "Lightning Cable", and despite what some people claim in my experience it DOES NOT have to be a BRANDED iphone cable. This is just my opinion, I am not an expert and this is the reason " forums" exist . ie., To help each other !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts