Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
April 2 Mottino Wash **CAPPED**

THIS RUN IS NOW CAPPED!

Saturday, April 2, 2016 we will be running The Bill And Ted's (Hopefully) Excellent Mottino Wash Adventure!

Mottino Wash is a difficult and rocky, but short run, in the mountains near Big Bear between Highway 247 and Pioneer Town. This trail is fun, but not for the faint of heart! Because the trail is short, assuming we don't run long due to breakdowns on the trail there will be the option at the end of the trail to head home or check out some other nearby trails (Pontiac Ridge, Tip Top Mountain, Horse-thief Canyon).

We will encounter sandy roads, a few off-camber sections and rocks. Lots and lots of BIG ROCKS to crawl over, around, and between. There is a risk of body damage, or worse on this trail.

Requirements:
Minimum 35" tires
Minimum 2 inch lift
At least 1 locker (not required but very helpful)
CB Radio
Winch and/or recovery points front/rear
Full tank of gas (you can gas up on Highway 62 in Yucca Valley. Once you turn onto Pioneer Town Rd there are no gas stations)

Details:
Date: Saturday April 2, 2016
Meetup Time: 10:00AM - Rolling out at 10:15AM
Meet-up location: Pappy & Harriets 53688 Pioneertown Rd, Pioneertown, CA (click HERE for a map)
Comms: CB Ch 16
Facebook Event: Click here to view/join the event on Facebook

Post a comment below if you plan on joining or if you have any questions.

IN: (post a comment that says "i'm in!" to see your name here)
NotARubicon
OscarMike951
Suicideking
I H8RDS
LabLover
LHC30
+7 via the Facebook Event

THIS RUN IS NOW CAPPED!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Hey guys- my buddy and I already planned on being there that weekend....we camp Friday and Saturday nights; as it's taken me over 4 hours easy on average to get there from Ventura every time I've done that trail. Can supply GPS cords to camp if anyone wants to join. It's close to the trail..kind of sandwiched between Pontiac and Motino. Kind of perfect if we want to run Pontiac anytime.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If Ted and Lisa go from Maybe to IN, we might have to cap it already.. Not sure we want to try to get more than 10-12 rigs through at a time?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Rough trails are slow, no matter the length. I would cap it, or you could end up being there all day. Which, in itself, isn't that bad. But that's a lot of waiting around.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
If Ted and Lisa go from Maybe to IN, we might have to cap it already.. Not sure we want to try to get more than 10-12 rigs through at a time?
Rough trails are slow, no matter the length. I would cap it, or you could end up being there all day. Which, in itself, isn't that bad. But that's a lot of waiting around.
Yup, agree with capping it. People break stuff on Motino. The more rigs we have, the higher the probability.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Go ahead and put us as an "In" It looks like our calendar is clear. We will be staying at our house in Big Bear.

Thanks,
Lisa

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
:whistling: Dry campers.........:whistling: Where are you?

Chirp chirp.. Is that crickets I hear??

Come on!! I know dang Somebody still knows how to set up a tent:popcorn:
Camp fire, grill :drinks: after the run.....beats driving.

·
Registered
772 Posts
:whistling: Dry campers.........:whistling: Where are you?

Chirp chirp.. Is that crickets I hear??

Come on!! I know dang Somebody still knows how to set up a tent:popcorn:
Camp fire, grill :drinks: after the run.....beats driving.
IHATEROADS - I may camp Friday nite with ya. Junior will obviously want to come along and Friday is school...

Additionally, there is the other issue of me coming back the previous week from Moab so will have to see. I'm 50/5o.

·
Registered
772 Posts
shoot! ... didn't see the run was capped already... Dang!! guess, I'll get second dibbs after JeepHertz and even then it probably wouldn't make sense that I occupy a spot being 50/50.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Looks like right now, there's 7 of us camping Friday night (some are passengers riding with others) Stoked!

We'll leave camp at 10am to meet you guys at 1100.

I took Friday off, so my buddy and I will be at camp by 1100 Friday. Probably set up and go tool around..look for photo-ops with cows :)

I'm in so need of this weekend..I can't wait. Need rock- time, camp-time, and Moose-martini-time with good friends. It's going to be the Longest 4 days ever.

You know what's wrong with this pic? The Moose is empty...c'mon Friday!

Peace out!
Jeep Girl

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
When Stan sponsored this trail at the Forest Fest we had a couple of guys who had problems. I believe one guy popped a driveshaft and I forgot what the other was. Everyone got off the trail though. It's lots of fun packed into 1.5 miles.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you could make it Ted!

**For those that are meeting us at Pappy & Harriets in Pioneertown:
We will need to roll-out no later than 10:15 so we can meet the two other small groups at the trailhead.
Be sure to gas-up before Pioneertown (Hwy 62 has several gas stations)
We will air-down/disconnect at Pappy & Harriets (dont worry, slow driving between the meetup point and the dirt) so if you get there early/before us, go ahead and start your airdown/disconnect process.

The weather is looking perfect - see everyone Saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts