Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All righty then.
I am going to run with it. Get those rigs back together and off the jack stands!! Only 1 month away!!
As usual meet up will be at the Gunsmoke Truck Stop 9 AM and leave there at 10 AM.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gunsmoke+Truck+Stop/@38.8120608,-106.1068388,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9d9cf144b469bef4!8m2!3d38.8120608!4d-106.1068388

Chinamans Gulch for the bigger rigs

We will need a leader for the mild trails, I will lead if there is no one willing and if there is interest enough.

WOOHOO Lets get this season underway!! :drool::dance::appl:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Whooop!

1 for Chinamans!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 Chinamans Gulch. Requirements are as follows, TJ, YJ, CJ or other short wheelbase will need a minimum of a 33" tire and ZJ, XJ, JK, JL or other longer rigs need 35" tire minimum. At least 1 locker is recommended. Body armor, rock sliders, and any under body protection is also recommended. Sway bar disconnects are also required or something similar. This trail is getting harder so what you might see in previous post or other sites may not be up to date.

Rookies are welcome but you MUST listen to your spotters as they will know the trail the best.

#2 Fourmile area to Bald Mountain. This is a great beginner trail with no size restrictions. This is a great trail for stock Jeeps of all kinds. Just enough to make it fun for all. Very scenic with views of the whole valley. We will need someone to guide this trip.

Please read this part.
These are all day trips. Bring food, water, plenty of clothes for any type of weather. Bring your tool kits, first aid kits, good shoes. Be prepared for anything.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Stephanie and I are in for Chinamans and possibly my friend Kris and his wife. They were there last year. I should be fully locked by then.

Igoo65

Will this be the year you complete the trail without breaking anything?

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in for my usual. Hoping to keep it sunny side up.

Chad take the Mt Antero off of the list. No way it will even be close.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
done....
that was a copy from years past.........but it's gone now.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Team Denver, several of us will meet at the Philips 66 in Morrison. Departure time is 6:45am to make it to BV by 9am.

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO 80465

https://maps.app.goo.gl/TB8NEyTcCwAUka7W8
I'll probably be in front of you someplace since I am trailering over. I'll unload at the TH and drive my jeep over to the meetup

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I am a MAYBE/PROBABLE at this point.

If this is cross posted then we may be getting a larger group. This will be a LONG day so plan accordingly.

Chad, if there is more than 8 rigs, maybe we should consider running two flights about an hour apart to prevent the congestion at the obstacles. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am a MAYBE/PROBABLE at this point.

Chad, if there is more than 8 rigs, maybe we should consider running two flights about an hour apart to prevent the congestion at the obstacles. Thoughts?
Agreed :thumb:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
To be honest the other forum is mainly myself, Josh, Chad, Shawn, and Matt. If there is other interest Ill be sure to list them here.

Definitely down to split into groups if we have a bunch. Nothing like waiting in line on the trail...

1 - 20 of 97 Posts