Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
While I know many will drop out for one reason or another before next Saturday, we have about 20 rigs signed up right now. Say what you want about the world overreacting, this may not be the right time for a large organized group run.
I dont think I could make the April anyway but I agree with this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
Please don't think I'm downplaying anything.

I'm in the high risk catagory. I've been in the high risk catagory since June when I started chemo. I've been social distancing since then as well. My immune system was so low at one point the doctors wore masks around me.

I know this is new and different. But, keeping distance and being clean and smart goes a very long way. My wife and kids and coworkers have all been sick while I was doing chemo and immediately afterwards when my immune system was EXTREMELY low. I haven't caught anything due to being smart and clean.

What is going on now is different.

If we need to postpone the trip I understand.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Polis just issued a state wide stay at home order.

Let's postpone this run.

Tentatively Saturday May 2, 2020.

Agreed?
I’m in the process of pushing our cabin back to those dates. Works for me :)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I am certainly not against the idea. Better to be safe than sorry. Still early in the year and we can get plenty of trail time in the future

·
Registered
215 Posts
I understand everyone's concern and if we need to postpone, I understand. It gives me more time to break-in my gears and locker and maybe install new control arms. :bop: I did come across the stay at home list which I thought was interesting. You can still do outdoor stuff according to the governor's office. I am not sure what has really changed other than not being around people at work?
Igoo65

Attachments

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I understand everyone's concern and if we need to postpone, I understand. It gives me more time to break-in my gears and locker and maybe install new control arms.
I did come across the stay at home list which I thought was interesting. You can still do outdoor stuff according to the governor's office. I am not sure what has really changed other than not being around people at work?
Igoo65
The concern I have is the amount of people potentially going on this. Even if it is just the spectacle we create driving out there and in the parking lot. It doesn't look good. If it were just a small group, I wouldn't care or think it mattered much.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I agree. If someone sees a big gathering, they may contact authorities.

So let's make it the Anti COVID 19 Phools run. May 2nd providing the word doesn't come to an end. Same time and place, just a different date.

If things change and the world heals, we may be able to bump that date up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I agree. If someone sees a big gathering, they may contact authorities.

So let's make it the Anti COVID 19 Phools run. May 2nd providing the word doesn't come to an end. Same time and place, just a different date.

If things change and the world heals, we may be able to bump that date up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Works for me.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I might be able to move to 35’s by then.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm still in. Will give me time to change out my shift linkage for my transfer case. Tired of listening to it rattle. Anyone have a spare set of 35's?

:bop:

On a side note, do you need to mess with the ring and pinion at all to take an arb locker out? I would like to check my rear axle shafts and bearings. I have an 8.8 back there with c-clips. Kinda wondering how difficult the job is.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm still in. Will give me time to change out my shift linkage for my transfer case. Tired of listening to it rattle. Anyone have a spare set of 35's?

On a side note, do you need to mess with the ring and pinion at all to take an arb locker out? I would like to check my rear axle shafts and bearings. I have an 8.8 back there with c-clips. Kinda wondering how difficult the job is.

Thanks
Barring anything specific to an 8.8, you can pull the carrier out and reinstall as long as the shims go back in exactly where they came from.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Unfortunately this run is officially postponed till 5/2 depending on where we are with this virus at the time......Stay smart and stay healthy my friends

81 - 97 of 97 Posts