Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then. Get them rigs ready. Only a month away.
Doug will probably post trail requirements as usual.
the stocker run is obviously good for anyone
The Chinamans run will have a few requirements. Mostly clearance and protection.
let’s get this party started.

Reactions: rasband

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Heck yeah! Maybe this year will work out for me.

Reactions: Colo-TJ

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Unless something drastic happens, I'm in.

Chinaman's trail hasn't changed much this year. We went to check out the Carnage exit and no big changes.

Recommendations for Chinaman's are as follows: 35 inch or bigger tires, at least 1 locker, recovery points on your rig, tools are always welcomed. This trail is a day trip so plan on a good 6 hours to complete. Bring a lunch and snacks and liquid refreshments.

Fourmile area has been open all season so far. This is great for any level Jeep. Still a day trip so be prepared.

Weather can be anything this time of year so be prepared.

Meet up at the Gunsmoke truck stop in Johnson's Village starting at 9:00 and leaving for the trailhead by 10:00.

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well Bummer! We are camping that weekend. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys this summer. Have a great run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You say there is a stocker run as well? Is this a Jeep club, website, FB (or MeWe) group? Sounds like fun, might come down and camp for the weekend.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No this is set up right here. We do this one every year.
stockers will be exploring the 4 mile recreation area. Modified will be on Chinamans Gulch. Both are just barely out of Buena Vista.
I may camp as well but undecided so far.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Count me in for chinaman! My taxes are filed already so no excuse this year!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm out unfortunately. I wanted to lead the easy run but I still won't be allowed to drive and can't be more than a hour away from PSL in Denver.

Have fun everyone!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I read somewhere that this is an OHV area. Does that mean I need a state OHV permit/sticker on my stock Jeep Wrangler to do Fourmile area? The rules have changed since my last 4x4 adventures. Thanks for the education and tips on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I read somewhere that this is an OHV area. Does that mean I need a state OHV permit/sticker on my stock Jeep Wrangler to do Fourmile area? The rules have changed since my last 4x4 adventures. Thanks for the education and tips on this.
An OHV is an "off highway vehicle", so if you're licensed for the road you should be good. This is a way to tax things like SXS, dirt bikes, and quads which otherwise would be not taxed (e.g. no annual registration).

1 - 20 of 69 Posts