Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
An OHV is an "off highway vehicle", so if you're licensed for the road you should be good. This is a way to tax things like SXS, dirt bikes, and quads which otherwise would be not taxed (e.g. no annual registration).
Thanks - The info on the Colorado Parks & Wildlife page is confusing.

OHV PERMITS
Colorado OHV Permit requirements:
All OHVs and motor vehicles (including motorcycles) that display a valid Colorado license plate must also display a current Colorado OHV use permit sticker when operated on designated OHV trails in Colorado.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks - The info on the Colorado Parks & Wildlife page is confusing.

OHV PERMITS
Colorado OHV Permit requirements:
All OHVs and motor vehicles (including motorcycles) that display a valid Colorado license plate must also display a current Colorado OHV use permit sticker when operated on designated OHV trails in Colorado.
I think it may have changed since I last checked (years ago) - it does sound like they are required but aren't generally enforced. From what I am finding it looks like that's on the case if you are on a trail designated for OHV. Maybe someone else knows more confidently since it seems I may be incorrect.

Seems to only be a few specific trails:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it may have changed since I last checked (years ago) - it does sound like they are required but aren't generally enforced. From what I am finding it looks like that's on the case if you are on a trail designated for OHV. Maybe someone else knows more confidently since it seems I may be incorrect.

Seems to only be a few specific trails:

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
It might be a good idea to just buy the permit so that a person doesn't have to worry about if the trail is OHV or not. You can just go wherever. Every $25.25 helps to keep open what trails we have left.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Made reservations at the Snowy Peaks RV Park for Friday and Saturday. Hope the weather gets better. We'll do the Four Mile run.

Reactions: Colo-TJ

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Boy if you back out now you better have a good excuse. I'm still going.

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So it looks like we have everyone in on Chinaman with the exception of Tom.

CM:
BVJeep
JJVW
Strumble
TWorley
Peakbagger
Rasband
Jarhead
Sledn8er (texted with him last week)

4mi:
Tom

Maybe:
BirchyBoy
JBird
Cody
Sinister

I will probably need to run the 4mi unless there is someone else that shows up for it.

All you maybes need to get off the fence.

See y'all on Saturday...LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

Reactions: tworley

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I know Mike is going, and we have one guy from the Bay area who is planning on joining us. He is in a well built TJ with a 4" lift.

Several of us will be meeting at the Phillips 66 Station off of Morrison Road and CO470. We will be departing at 7:00am sharp.

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd
Morrison, CO 80465

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I really want to try this trail but I don’t have a locker yet and I’ve got a birthday party in Denver that evening. I think I’m out.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, I have another guy coming with me for CM so I won't be able to lead the stockers on 4mi.
Tom, I think you are the only rig this year for that one so you'll be flying solo if no one else wants to run it. Typically there have been a few others but this year looks like it may be a little different. maybe COVID has something to do with it or it's Easter weekend so others have plans. sorry about that.

I'll unload at the TH so I'll see everyone there.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
If this doesn’t include Carnage, I’m in. I want to do this with people that know the trail.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
No carnage canyon...LOL at least not for some of us. Don't give Doug any ideas..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I have another guy coming with me for CM so I won't be able to lead the stockers on 4mi.
Tom, I think you are the only rig this year for that one so you'll be flying solo if no one else wants to run it. Typically there have been a few others but this year looks like it may be a little different. maybe COVID has something to do with it or it's Easter weekend so others have plans. sorry about that.

I'll unload at the TH so I'll see everyone there.
No problem on the solo run. We'll meet you at Johnson Village at 9 just to say hello and see if there are any others. I've got the Gaia map for it and I don't think we'll get lost. ;)

It's our spring shake down trip for our travel trailer, so we would be coming anyway. Looking forward to it!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts