Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No problem on the solo run. We'll meet you at Johnson Village at 9 just to say hello and see if there are any others. I've got the Gaia map for it and I don't think we'll get lost. ;)

It's our spring shake down trip for our travel trailer, so we would be coming anyway. Looking forward to it!
Awesome! I felt terrible so thanks for easing my burden. I'll try to drive over to meet you depending on how the travel over there goes.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Phew

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
If this doesn’t include Carnage, I’m in. I want to do this with people that know the trail.
You will struggle a bit with no locker(s). About a 1/2 mile in gets real tricky with traction. You may need a winch or tug. Same for the chutes, the last obstacle on the trail.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You will struggle a bit with no locker(s). About a 1/2 mile in gets real tricky with traction. You may need a winch or tug. Same for the chutes, the last obstacle on the trail.
Agreed, but rocker and diff protection is pretty critical on this trail. we can tug you off if needed but the rocks are unforgiving to your tub and stock diffs.

Reactions: tworley

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Thanks all. I’ve got a good winch, LOD sliders and engine/transmission skid but no diff skids.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Doesn't need to be diff skids just heavy duty covers. plenty of people get through with the stock ones but I've also seen a lot of people crush them.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Not sure I’ll have time to upgrade them so I’ll have to tip toe around.

Reactions: Colo-TJ

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
First off, I had my thumb fused due to some tendon issues. I am doing fine and ready to go.

Weather is going to be gorgeous all weekend. There is going to be some snow in the shadows.

Newcomers are always welcome to come. This is the #1 rule though, listen to your spotter. We know this trail very well. We will try to only have 1 person talking to you. The others are helping that person.

Lockers are not a necessity but recommend.

Carnage? Hummmmm. No

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I’m trying to find some spare diff covers in the area. If I can find some, I’ll grab some fluid and RTV in case I bash one.

I’ll be meeting the group in Morrison at 7:00am. I thought about my trail doors but it may be a wee bit cold that early.

Reactions: Colo-TJ

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
We should get the Midnight Krawler a new hood decal....IguanaDoug has a nice ring to it.
drunkin hitchhiker has a ring to it also

Reactions: PeakBagger

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Reactions: JHD1827

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That's better than this though.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Can you still bend at the first knuckle?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
That's better than this though.

I know the feeling. I severed tendons in my right thumb a few years ago after a cut off wheel jumped back at me. I can still grip normally, but no more full thumbs ups.
20210401_193919.jpg

41 - 60 of 69 Posts