Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you might be interested in this comb. The ARB awning is so easy to set up. I can have it up and staked out in less than 5 minutes, by myself. I recently added the mosquito net room, and used it for the first time a few days ago. No bugs, but great shelter from wind/blowing sand/sun. And easy to set up also. Inside, for the floor, I have a tarp that I bought, the material was originally designed for heli-pads on the sand in the desert. The sand/dirt fall through, and it stays clean.
BTW.... the palm trees in the photo surround hot springs...

Attachments

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK.... haven't had my coffee yet.... nobody would be interested in this *comb*, however possibly this *combo*... :facepalm: I really need to pay more attention... Obviously this set up is for the camping crowd...

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think I'd rather do a free standing tent to one that is attached to my Jeep. That way I dont have to break camp if Im just going out for a day trip from a base camp.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think I'd rather do a free standing tent to one that is attached to my Jeep. That way I dont have to break camp if Im just going out for a day trip from a base camp.
X2... My wife's vehicle is usually the "established" base camp vehicle, for that very reason :thumb: Got her a '92 conversion van, and looking to put a roof top "fold out" tent rig (or maybe two) on it.

That chair is the bomb though

·
Registered
336 Posts
Carolyn, I'm really interested in what you do for a living...Looks like your always photographing in interesting places and I kind of want your life. And your jeep.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carolyn, I'm really interested in what you do for a living...Looks like your always photographing in interesting places and I kind of want your life. And your jeep.
:whistling: I'm a black and white landscape photographer..... so, basically, I go camping for a living :thumb:

www.carolynguild.com

If you are in a Barnes and Noble book store next month (December) look in the B&W Magazine - Special Contest Issue. You'll see this:

Attachments

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I totally get that. Which is one reason I don't want a roof tent... but I tend to sleep inside my jeep. I put up the room if there is bugs, wind, or I'm staying in one place (which frequently happens for days at a time - waiting for light or ? ... And bottom line, I can have the room and awning down and stowed in less than 10 minutes - so no biggy if I decide to drive on... so it does work well for my needs -

·
Registered
297 Posts
:whistling: I'm a black and white landscape photographer..... so, basically, I go camping for a living :thumb:

www.carolynguild.com

If you are in a Barnes and Noble book store next month (December) look in the B&W Magazine - Special Contest Issue. You'll see this:
Temples to the right, Temples to the left - beautiful job on one of my favorite subjects ;)

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did you get the floor tarp? I've been looking at the ARB awning & screen enclosure. Looks great.
I ordered it from Campworld. It's called a four person sand-free rug, 6x6. It's actually like plastic straws, stretched and woven. It's military grade. The company's website is CGear Sand-Free I got the brown.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts