Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u guys think I should install the Arb bullbar after changing the old man emu suspension? The salesperson told me that it is more stable for cornering . As for appearance do u think is better with bar or without?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm waiting on my front and rear in the mail. They say suspension manufactures rate their suspensions when fully loaded. I believe it can't hurt the ride. My jeep seems to ride nicer when I have a couple of people in it. As far as will it look better? I would say yes but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm not sure adding weight to the front of a already balanced vehicle is going to add stability. That sounds more like the guy wants to sell you a 1k bumper. They're pricey but I've had good luck with ARB products in the past plus I like the look of their full bumpers. Some people like stubies. It's all preference and your type of tires and wheeling. Mine will clear 35s just fine.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
OME is the best suspension I've ever run. ARB stubby's only about $500.

It's up to you, I've run the full width ARB as well. Nice upgrade either way.

Pretty sure they guy meant torsional stability. ARB does stiffen up the frame by tying the two open ends together.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I can see how it could stiffen up the frame. Though given the suspension design and the fact that the wrangler isn't exactly driven hard in to corners I don't see how it would add anything meaningful to the handling. Maybe a strut brace would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts