Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at this front bumper and I have been researching it, but what is not clear is if the install includes cutting the frame? Will I need to buy additional parts to relocate the vacuum pump?

·
Registered
330 Posts
The only cutting of the frame is the top inside corners of the frame mounting plates to make extra clearance for a large winch. I trimmed as the instructions said, only to find I did not need to for my superwinch.
I did however have to grind the holes in the mounting plates to be able to get the bumper centered.
Also, per the instructions you are supposed to cut the crush cans from the original bumper to reuse them. I didn't.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the insight. Which winch do you have? I have a M8000 winch, so i wonder if mine is similar width to yours.

I trashed my original bumpers when I put on my Barricade bumper, so no crash cans for me.

I installed the rear ARB bumper and it was kind of a PITA with aligning holes, drilling new holes, etc. Love the bumper which is why I want a matching front, but just a little leery of the install.

·
Registered
745 Posts
What do you have to keep your lift height in the front with this heavy bumper. I just installed the ARB and its bogged down like the space shuttle.

Will heavy duty springs be needed or MC springs be firm enough.

I just got new wheels, that had diff. specs then the wheels I had before, and the jeep was driving and handling sweet then this NICE bumper is bggoing me down.

The only cutting of the frame is the top inside corners of the frame mounting plates to make extra clearance for a large winch. I trimmed as the instructions said, only to find I did not need to for my superwinch.
I did however have to grind the holes in the mounting plates to be able to get the bumper centered.
Also, per the instructions you are supposed to cut the crush cans from the original bumper to reuse them. I didn't.
Good info on this. I didn't read this anywhere before when I looked at every ARB tread there was.

I just installed the front bumper and had to do same. Grind the right side of all 8 holes to get more centered. I think I need to grind a little more yet though because its still not centered just right.

If you didn't use the stock crush cans, did you still use the plastic/rubber covers for that spot.

Can you post pic, I would like to see yours truned out.

I will get some pic of what my ARB.

Thank you for the insight. Which winch do you have? I have a M8000 winch, so i wonder if mine is similar width to yours.

I trashed my original bumpers when I put on my Barricade bumper, so no crash cans for me.

I installed the rear ARB bumper and it was kind of a PITA with aligning holes, drilling new holes, etc. Love the bumper which is why I want a matching front, but just a little leery of the install.
Can you post pic of the rear bumper. I need to get that bumper to help with the weight. The front boggs down my lift height.

·
Registered
330 Posts
IMG_20170625_104341.jpg
IMG_20170625_101016.jpg

The plastic covers attach to the front bumper the same regardless of whether or not you install the crush cans.

I had a serious nose down problem with the new bumper and winch. I bought a set of rubi take off springs (18) off ebay to repalce my stock ones (13). The gave me about 1 3/4 of lift. I think it is a bit much with the hard top on, but looks just right with it off. I might look for a little more rear spring. I'm sticking with stock height for my use.

The rear mud flaps are entirely optional. I went with them to keep the gravel from sandblasting all the powder coat off the bumper. I did modify how the flaps mount, they would have been sticking out about 3" more.
IMG_20170625_104403.jpg

·
Registered
745 Posts
View attachment 3647641
View attachment 3647657

The plastic covers attach to the front bumper the same regardless of whether or not you install the crush cans.

I had a serious nose down problem with the new bumper and winch. I bought a set of rubi take off springs (18) off ebay to repalce my stock ones (13). The gave me about 1 3/4 of lift. I think it is a bit much with the hard top on, but looks just right with it off. I might look for a little more rear spring. I'm sticking with stock height for my use.

The rear mud flaps are entirely optional. I went with them to keep the gravel from sandblasting all the powder coat off the bumper. I did modify how the flaps mount, they would have been sticking out about 3" more.
View attachment 3647649
Thanks for the pic and post. I didn't see it until now.

I installed and it bogged front end. Got MC 2.5 springs, thinking they would net 3.5/2.5, only netted 2 7/8/2.5. I also added a 1inch front spacer, still not level from the weight od this bumper.

Even when I add rear bumper, winch would prob keep same as now. So I need more weight in back. Be good if heavy duty hinged tire carrier could help towards this. Roof rack, only when top is on though.

Getting that 1.75 you did was a good gain to get level.

Another question, did you have to grind the 8 holes to one side to center bumper, we did.

Also did one side of bumper be higher then other, where it was pushing the fender up. It did on ours and it pulled the push pin right out. Need to grind a hair off south side of 4 holes to get that off fender.

Also have to grind spacer, so bumper can get more over to be really centered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts