Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
Silly me read the manual and am now confused. My ARB dual compressor puts out 150PSI, the arb lockers want 85-105 psi. I don't see a way to adjust the output but the manual says nothing about adding a regulator, just bolt it up. I ASSUME the manifold the solenoids bolt to will regulate my pressure? My plan is to put a T on the compressor and have a ~3ft line right off the compressor for doing tires and run the other line to the manifold air to drive the solenoids. I just don't know if I need an inline regulator for the manifold line.
thanks!
tim

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Ok, look at the pressure switch for the compressor, its a little round thing with threads on one end and two terminals on the other. That is what controls when it turns on and turns off. It might have a pressure marked on it. I dont believe arb's switches go to 150. It's probably closer to 90psi. You can buy switches on amazon at various pressures for very cheap of you need to.

That being said, I would have no issue running my ARB's at 150PSI. Low pressure is much worse for an ARB than high pressure. Low pressure can cause the clutch gear to not engage quickly enough, causing wear.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tweak! I emailed ARB this morning just to be double sure and they said the same thing, just hook it up and go. Teach me to read the manual :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts