Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing out the "posting on multiple forums" theory. I bought an ARB kit and installed per a write-up and the ARB wiring diagram. I've checked the fuse, all of the ARB connectors, the relay, and the solderless connectors. No light, no power, nothing. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Never installed any of the ARB stuff yet so not exactly sure of how the schematic. I'd start with a test light from the battery connection following each wire to it's next connection. Also check out if you can make the relay energize by jumping either the power or ground wire on the solenoid terminals (85 & 86 probably) your switch is setup either to provide power or ground to complete that circuit. If all that is good you can check voltage drop with a DVOM check at battery ground and all the grounds you used, I wouldn't want to see more than a .2 volt drop. This checks your connections. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You nailed it Privateer: No power to relay. The write-up and wiring diagram differed in that the wiring diagram needed a power source for the relay. Once I spliced into an ignition hot wire I had power. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts