Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there are a lot of threads talking about these diff covers and some say they are great and others say stay away from them, but it seems people say that about all aftermarket diff covers.

I picked both these covers because 1. I need a new rear one as it peeled and 2. I like how they look. In my research, people say the stamped steal (ps diff cover) causes more clearance issues and the ARB is much slimmer which is what it looks like in pictures, but people also say ARB is terrible with clearance.

I want to know if i'll have any clearance issues. I have a 2017 jkurhr with a metal cloak 2.5 inch game changer lift so it has a metal cloak track bar. I also have a fox ats steering stabilizer and stock tie rod although I am looking at the synergy steering kit. At the moment I have 3 inches of bump stops because of clearance issues with my shocks, but once I get around to fixing that, i'll be running 1 inch.

So do you guys think I'll have any clearance issues and which would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I have poison spyder covers front and rear. I also have Metalcloak front and rear track bars.

No issues in the front. With my current spacer lift I needed the Metalcloak rear track bar bracket for clearance.

Upgrading to full Metalcloak springs and shocks soon. We'll see if I still need the bracket.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Teraflex 3in lift, and ARB covers front (D30) and rear (D44). I personally haven't noticed any clearance issues. The ARB covers seem great to me.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I had an ARB on the rear with no issues, RK x-factor 2.5”.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I went from Stock to 4.5” lift with D44 PS Bombshells front and rear no clearance issues at all. I now have the TF Monster Track bar and AEV draglink flip upfront no issues. Rear I have the factory trackbar and bracket all good there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
So there are a lot of threads talking about these diff covers and some say they are great and others say stay away from them, but it seems people say that about all aftermarket diff covers.

I picked both these covers because 1. I need a new rear one as it peeled and 2. I like how they look. In my research, people say the stamped steal (ps diff cover) causes more clearance issues and the ARB is much slimmer which is what it looks like in pictures, but people also say ARB is terrible with clearance.

I want to know if i'll have any clearance issues. I have a 2017 jkurhr with a metal cloak 2.5 inch game changer lift so it has a metal cloak track bar. I also have a fox ats steering stabilizer and stock tie rod although I am looking at the synergy steering kit. At the moment I have 3 inches of bump stops because of clearance issues with my shocks, but once I get around to fixing that, i'll be running 1 inch.

So do you guys think I'll have any clearance issues and which would you recommend?

I have the same Metal Cloak lift and running PS diff covers no problem. I have the Metal Cloak HD Steering package because of same reasons I chose their lift package.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Id like to see them side by side to see how big a difference clearance really is. Bro'isms can be complete BS and only used as macho talking points.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Id like to see them side by side to see how big a difference clearance really is. Bro'isms can be complete BS and only used as macho talking points.

No one mentioned a difference in clearance only that they clear the covers with no problem..

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
From the OP.

In my research, people say the stamped steal (ps diff cover) causes more clearance issues and the ARB is much slimmer which is what it looks like in pictures, but people also say ARB is terrible with clearance.
Clearance to install, or does one hang lower than the other? I took it as ground clearance.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
From the OP.

Clearance to install, or does one hang lower than the other? I took it as ground clearance.

The clearance issue with some covers combined with some track bars (rear) or some tierod bars (front) is them hitting the diff covers because said covers stick out farther then the stock cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
The ARB covers have magnetic dipsticks in them to check the oil levels and condition also. I love mine; no clearance issues at all.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
The ARB's are the best. Better in every way,,, Make the D44 = to a D60,,,,,LOLOLOL/.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts