Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in air lockers on my J/K 2 door and will be using the middle of the line compressor (CKMA12) which is the single cylinder unit. I am wondering how everyone mounts their compressor. I know of one kit by EVO for about 45 bucks. Anyone have any other options. I am looking at the area near the master cylinder. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Pretty sure mine is the evo. It works. running a little viair 98c

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure mine is the evo. It works. running a little viair 98c
Thanks man, I thought I asked a question in a vacuum. How are the ARB's treating you. Mine are being installed this weekend. I am getting a PR44 and just building the stock D44 rear. I am not i any big time crawling areas so this will do. Happy Jeeping.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
"Subscribe" I'm thinking of possibly an ARB Christmas :bop:

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Thanks man, I thought I asked a question in a vacuum. How are the ARB's treating you. Mine are being installed this weekend. I am getting a PR44 and just building the stock D44 rear. I am not i any big time crawling areas so this will do. Happy Jeeping.
The ARB's are great. Best locker ever made, you wont be let down.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Here we go again, Christmas is coming. Looking like 4:11 / 4:56's

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Exhaust relocation/high tuck. Put one where the muffler is now.

You wanted options.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust relocation/high tuck. Put one where the muffler is now.

You wanted options.
I see your handle is fuzzylogic, can I ask a sincere question. Did you really mount a compressor where your muffler is? I can appreciate the ingenuity but did you extend the air intake to somewhere safe and dust/moisture free? I ride in so much dust, mud and at times water that it would be demolished if I went to that location.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I see your handle is fuzzylogic, can I ask a sincere question. Did you really mount a compressor where your muffler is? I can appreciate the ingenuity but did you extend the air intake to somewhere safe and dust/moisture free? I ride in so much dust, mud and at times water that it would be demolished if I went to that location.
I have not. I use a portable. I am planning on cutting in a tool bin there. Others that have pull intake from the cab or put a pre filter. But yeah not a good spot if you do water crossings or play in the mud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts