Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an ARB twin compressor and the MORE mounting bracket for mounting it under my hood. That is all done. That bracket was a PITA. Anyways, I bought the ARB hose kit and it came with this fitting pictured below. It's super nice and I want to use it. However, when I screw it in, it sticks up too far and I can't close the hood! I am not using this for lockers. Just filling tires. I could go down to Lowes and make something that works but I was curious if anybody else has a similar setup that they could show me pictures of? I don't want to buy the manifold. I can't see any reason to do that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I believe the center fitting is adjustable, if you remove the cover - check the instructions

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah I can't see your pictures, I just went through something similar. this is where I ended up. I have the metalcloak mount. You can see in the first picture there's a quick connect coming off the manifold, that's been replaced with the ARB quick connect on the grill. with the copper-line running from the manifold to the quick connect.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah I can't see your pictures, I just went through something similar. this is where I ended up. I have the metalcloak mount. You can see in the first picture there's a quick connect coming off the manifold, that's been replaced with the ARB quick connect on the grill. with the copper-line running from the manifold to the quick connect.
Where did you get the end connector. The one mounted in the grill

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the one ARB sells. It comes in their inflation kit with the orange hose. It's very nice.

Sorry I forgot the pic. It was a pic of the same hose connector that is mounted on the grill. I like that idea but feel it would get packed with bugs and debris or something. I wish there was some sort of cover for it. Also, I've already rotated the barrel on the compressor over towards the driver's side like it shows in the instructions. I still have this issue though.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,053 Posts

I bet that copper pipe gets H O T ! :atomic:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That's the one ARB sells. It comes in their inflation kit with the orange hose. It's very nice.

Sorry I forgot the pic. It was a pic of the same hose connector that is mounted on the grill. I like that idea but feel it would get packed with bugs and debris or something. I wish there was some sort of cover for it. Also, I've already rotated the barrel on the compressor over towards the driver's side like it shows in the instructions. I still have this issue though.

Stick a foam ear plug for hearing protection. Bushfix :happyyes:

·
Registered
897 Posts

How about the bracket that holds the connector in between the grill? Where did you get that?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Quadratec, it comes with the ARB tire inflation kit ARB Part #: 171302

·
Registered
480 Posts
How about the bracket that holds the connector in between the grill? Where did you get that?
The bracket I made out of a piece of aluminum that I bent 90°. I did make a mock up originally from a store-bought piece of angle I think I got it at Home Depot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bet that copper pipe gets H O T ! :atomic:
I bet it does too, considering the airline I was using rated at 150° Kept melting and blowing a hole in it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Great stuff... I just ordered those metalcloak brackets taking advantage of the one day free shipping. They were a PITA to instaĺl?

EDIT:Oooh.. disregard.... you got the MORE bracket...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great stuff... I just ordered those metalcloak brackets taking advantage of the one day free shipping. They were a PITA to instaĺl?

EDIT:Oooh.. disregard.... you got the MORE bracket...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Easy to install the MC, but be careful with the nutsert. Mine got sucked up into the installation nut.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Here is my setup. Cost about $9 for the parts at Ace Hardware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is no way I could get my hood to close with that set up. My set up rubs the hood liner as it is.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to Ace Hardware today too and after a lot of trial and error, this is my current setup. I am not crazy about it at all. I have to hold it so that it doesn't move when I plug the hose in. This is the only way I could get it to work and get the hood to close. Even then, the hood is pressing on it pretty good. I ordered an 18" steel braided hose that I'll use to screw into the 90 degree fitting that's currently screwed into the compressor. Then, I'll run it around and underneath the bracket and drill a hole in the bracket so that I can mount it where you would mount the ARB manifold. I am also not crazy about this bracket. Now that it's installed, it's rock solid. The installation was a real PITA and involved drilling two holes in plastic. It won't be easy to remove and reinstall if I ever have to for some reason. The quality of the bracket and the hardware is top notch. I have a couple other MORE products and they are fantastic. I just don't like how this thing is mounted.

As for the ARB compressor itself, this thing is amazing. Not real noisy and it makes quick work of airing up my 35s. I was using a Viair 88P compressor. It is a great little compressor but takes six or seven minutes per tire and it will boil water when it's done.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's the one ARB sells. It comes in their inflation kit with the orange hose. It's very nice. Sorry I forgot the pic. It was a pic of the same hose connector that is mounted on the grill. I like that idea but feel it would get packed with bugs and debris or something. I wish there was some sort of cover for it. Also, I've already rotated the barrel on the compressor over towards the driver's side like it shows in the instructions. I still have this issue though.
Well dang, mine did not come with that connector.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another vote for the M.O.R.E. bracket being a giant PITA to install. Watched a couple YouTube videos but they obviously had edited out the second person helping to make it so easy. That being said the mount is rock solid. I ordered a 2' blue air line off amazon cause it matched the compressor. Put the ARB quick disconnect on the end. The line is loose where its at so i pull it up slightly to connect and disconnect my fill line for use. This is temporary as i plan on installing the manifold for air lockers when i put a lift on her. So i will figure out a better mount for the quick disconnect then. It will most likely be under hood still. The engine bay is very hot when i open it up after even short driving. So i like to keep the hood propped open when airing my tires up from wheeling. That way the compressor can get some relief from the heat. Might not matter but it makes me feel better and I'm stationary anyway. Now the 90 elbow does make a slight depression in the hood insulation but it doesn't look like its putting any undo pressure on the hose. I haven't noticed any pinching or indentations on the rubber hose at the fitting.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts