Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after my recent Moab trip it made me wish that I had an on board air system, so I started looking to the ARB twin compressor and about 100 different ways you can mount and use them. I like the idea of having an air pump for dusting off and tools so a tank is out of the question for me.

The thing I get stuck on is how many different options and styles of air hose and mounting places there is. I like the idea of under hood to simplify the wiring but I worry about heat so I'm looking into under seat options. Inovative JK solutions has nice under seat mounts with a few different options, but the Teraflex one looks nice too.

My main goal is to get an ARB on board air system that preferably can do all 4 tires at once with one air hose (that way it's all even and equal) What do you guys recommend? Anything I should look into or consider?

These are the ones I've been eyeing

https://www.innovativejkproducts.co...-kit-for-under-seat-mounted-arb-package-deal/

https://www.innovativejkproducts.co...ith-arb-twin-compressor-ckmta12-package-deal/

Thanks for any help or advise guys! :worthy:

·
Administrator
16,989 Posts
We chose under the hood, the heat hasn't been an issue but we're only a year in. That's about the only option we have for a 2 door. My friend has the under seat in the 4 door, he hasn't had an issue. BUT my Jeep's been flooded that high before, so I would go engine bay even on a 4 door personally.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We chose under the hood, the heat hasn't been an issue but we're only a year in. That's about the only option we have for a 2 door. My friend has the under seat in the 4 door, he hasn't had an issue. BUT my Jeep's been flooded that high before, so I would go engine bay even on a 4 door personally.

Ah, flooding is a fair point, I guess that's true. I wonder how the heat wears on them under the hood though... BTW, how do you like that switch pannel? I really dig the looks of that.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah, flooding is a fair point, I guess that's true. I wonder how the heat wears on them under the hood though... BTW, how do you like that switch pannel? I really dig the looks of that.

My buddy has gone through 2 because of the heat (We are in AZ, so it get real hot under the hood) He finally moved it inside. If you are really worried about flooding, I would mount it high in the back cargo area. I just think rubber seals and heat in the engine bay don't really play well together

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's my biggest concern with the underhood location. It gets pretty toasty in the summer time here in Utah. I'll mount it inside underseat than.

Do any of you guys have the ARB hooked up with an sPod?...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, that's my biggest concern with the underhood location. It gets pretty toasty in the summer time here in Utah. I'll mount it inside underseat than.

Do any of you guys have the ARB hooked up with an sPod?...

I used the switch that came with my ARB and mounted right under the lid of my center console. But I do know SPOD had an actual plug for the ARB that you can buy

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm running the innovative kit in my Jku, I hooked it up to my Apollointech switch panel. It works great and the directions that Innovative kit provided are great can't go wrong with it. If you have a lock box under the driver's seat let them know when you order the kit. They need to send a extra fitting to route the hose around the lock box. Not the greatest pictures if you would like better pictures let me know. These are all I had in my phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
779 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
ARB twin compressor and ARB 1 gal tank mounted under the seat with an ARB bracket. Room for air locker manifold and solenoids too. System works awesome, very happy with it. 1 of my favorite mods. Air 4 37s from 15 to 30 psi under 5 minutes. Controlled with my switchpros. For your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Viair 20015, dual comp setup. I relocated the evap canister to above the rear axle, purchased an ACE Engineering evap skid, mounted both comps to that and installed a 2gal tank infront of where the evap canister used to be, ran the air intake into the rear driver fender wheel well and two air lines one to the front and one to the rear.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have no dog in the fight for mounting the ARB twin as I use their Portable twin setup; however, the OP asked about manifolds to air up with and this is what I use:

https://jeepsneeds.com/products/jeepsneeds-hurricane-free-shipping

I like it as it lets me air up and down evenly across all four tires. I have a quick fist attached to the manifold and just pop that onto my front bumper's bull bar run the hoses to the tires and go...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I mounted my twin ARB above the passenger rear tire well. I had previously built a rack to hold Molle bags on both wheel wells which allowed easy mounting with rubber isolators . I already had a heavy duty power inverter under the passenger seat with heavy cables so I only had to extend the heavy cables to the compressor. I have a air tank mounted beside the driveshaft to speed up tire inflations.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Like @HooliganActual, I run the twin ARB suitcase version. I just picked up a four tire system that lets it air up (or down) all four tires at one time. That should make it even better. I like that the suitcase version is portable and can easily be used to do other things, or lent to someone else if the need arrives.
Time will tell on the four tire system I bought (from MORR) and how well it works. It was cheaper than the JeepNeeds version.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts