Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some genuinely obscure info, here.

I have searched (and searched, and searched) for two weeks for this tidbit. Can't find it. I almost don't think it is online anywhere.

What is the width of a stock TJ front sway bar as measured from the centers of the eyes?

:bop:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
If no one responds I could tell you this evening. My stock sway bar is sitting in an old tool box since I replaced it with an Antirock

·
Registered
238 Posts
I tried to measure mine for you but it would be very difficult to measure accurately installed on the jeep. Hopefully tworly has it covered

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tworley and 86skl - thanks for responding.

tworley, if you could take the measurement for me I would be most appreciative. This is not a rush thing though. Just check it for me whenever you get a chance. I won't really need the number until next week. Just researching at the moment.

Thank you, sir! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
tworley and 86skl - thanks for responding.

tworley, if you could take the measurement for me I would be most appreciative. This is not a rush thing though. Just check it for me whenever you get a chance. I won't really need the number until next week. Just researching at the moment.

Thank you, sir! :thumb:
Ill get it today--I completely forgot about it yesterday when I got home :banghead:

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,006 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Thank you. I will compare that to mine tomorrow afternoon. :winner:
Thought I would give you another measurement to be safe. I got 35 as well. Good luck with your issues. FYI, if your bar is jacked up, I think you would be very happy with the anti rock.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
... I think you would be very happy with the anti rock.
So do I, but that is more than $300 I do not currently have. :happyyes:

I am dumping all my spare money into the TJ right now. Once this build is mostly over I intend on doing the Antirock on at least the front, possibly the rear, but that will have to wait until after I get their steering gear first.

I am guessing I will need the stock sway bars for another year. Then I can bury them in the back yard where they can never again see the light of day.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Whats a sway bar? Isn't that where you go to if you want to get hit on by hummer drivers?

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats a sway bar? Isn't that where you go to if you want to get hit on by hummer drivers?
BAHAHAHA!!! You, sir, win the Internet!

:happyyes:
:facepalm:
:appl:
:winner:

·
Registered
916 Posts
:worthy::awesome::lmao::lmao::include:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts