Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
My Sport S, 3.73's had to be selected as an option, 3.21 was the stock option.

:wavey:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are not paying attention. LOOK AT THE WINDOW STICKERS! Tell me what you see. I see 3.73 gears listed with the automatic transmission option. Don't you see it? Thanks.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I have been looking at some JK's with automatics and have noticed 3.73 gears listed. They are not listed as an option. Just listed as part of the auto package. Are they now standard with the autos? Listed is some examples.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG5CL151113

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG6CL161245
I've seen that as well and started to wonder if 3.73's were starting to become a "no cost" option as of late.

Usually 3.21's are standard on all 2012 Sports and Sahara's regardless of trannies unless you order "max tow".
2012 Rubi autos get 3.73's and Rubi sticks get 4.10's as standards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not standard on autos-3.21 is, but also look if they have a tow hitch installed (3.73's) or the max tow pkg (4.10's)-
Most of the wranglers are being ordered with the ~$200 hitch installed.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Rubicon automatics come with 4.10 gears

Only if optioned ... 2012 Rubicon autos come standard with 3.73s.

T

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have been looking at some JK's with automatics and have noticed 3.73 gears listed. They are not listed as an option. Just listed as part of the auto package. Are they now standard with the autos? Listed is some examples.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG5CL151113

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG6CL161245
It's been my understanding that 3.73 is optional with a manual transmission, but standard with the automatic, as listed on your window stickers. The build sheet indicates the same on my 2010 as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Rubicon automatics come with 4.10 gears
My dealer couldn't seem to be certain whether I have the 4.1 or 3.73 gears on my 2012 Rubi with the auto trans I bought ten days ago. They gave me both answers at different times. At the end, they incorrectly told me that you can't get 4.10 gears on the Rubi auto. I told them that they were wrong, and we began a futile debate on this, so I figured I would just found out elsewhere what gears I have.

It's a 2012 Rubi with auto trans, max tow package, and no mention of the gears on the sticker.

I assume it does have the .373s (isn't that the default?), but would the max two package change that?

If I call Jeep with the VIN, can I get the answer from them?

·
Registered
342 Posts
My dealer couldn't seem to be certain whether I have the 4.1 or 3.73 gears on my 2012 Rubi with the auto trans I bought ten days ago. They gave me both answers at different times. At the end, they incorrectly told me that you can't get 4.10 gears on the Rubi auto. I told them that they were wrong, and we began a futile debate on this, so I figured I would just found out elsewhere what gears I have.

It's a 2012 Rubi with auto trans, max tow package, and no mention of the gears on the sticker.

I assume it does have the .373s (isn't that the default?), but would the max two package change that?

If I call Jeep with the VIN, can I get the answer from them?
Go to jeep - Contact Us and fill out the request for your build sheet, which will be emailed back to you.
If you call 800 992 1997, they'll probably tell you to go online anyway.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why not go to jeep.com and look at the online configurations available? That alone would have ended the discussion. It's a shame that (some) people that sell Jeep's for a living don't even know what they are selling. In the end it pays to do your own research.

If 4.10 is not listed on the options side (right) of the window sticker then you have a 3.73.

Yes, 3.73 is the default gear for a 2012 Rubi w/ auto. Max tow is the class II hitch, wiring, and tsc. 4.10 is the optional gear.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Why not go to jeep.com and look at the online configurations available?
I did that and failed to find, IMO, a certain answer, which is why I asked the question here. And considering that the Jeep dealer didn't even know the answer, I thought it was a perfect example of the kind of question that forums like this are designed to answer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MarineHawk said:
Rockjock1 very helpfully sent me a confirmation that it's the 3.73 and some other helpful info. And he didn't even chastize me for asking.
Here to help when I can-or hand out useless dangerous advice when I see a chance at natural selection ;)
And I evens werks at da stealership!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I did that and failed to find, IMO, a certain answer, which is why I asked the question here. And considering that the Jeep dealer didn't even know the answer, I thought it was a perfect example of the kind of question that forums like this are designed to answer.
I received an email with your initial comments which were very obtuse. :bottom:
At least you were sensible enough to edit it to the commentary above. It's also worth noting that until now you never mentioned that you did in fact go to jeep.com and were unable to find the answer. I was not chastising you or trying to be condescending. I also made an effort to answer your other questions. In any event enjoy your Jeep.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I received an email with your initial comments which were very obtuse. :bottom:
At least you were sensible enough to edit it to the commentary above. It's also worth noting that until now you never mentioned that you did in fact go to jeep.com and were unable to find the answer. I was not chastising you or trying to be condescending. I also made an effort to answer your other questions. In any event enjoy your Jeep.
No reason to assume a poster didn't try to get the answer from the jeep site, especially when it isn't there and the jeep sealer can't even figure it out.

I will.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts