Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a down the road mod. Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes. I have a mopar 2" lift with a 1" teraflex spacer (to account for my bumper and winch) and 35 km2s. The part of the setup that blows is the auto and 3.73s. Its a turd. Ill be doing 4.88 soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes. I have a mopar 2" lift with a 1" teraflex spacer (to account for my bumper and winch) and 35 km2s. The part of the setup that blows is the auto and 3.73s. Its a turd. Ill be doing 4.88 soon.
Did you install the spacers front and rear? I have same lift and it's sagging. Was wondering if you noticed any changes in the ride with spacers?

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
2 inch lift with flat Fenders and proper backspace wheels - yes. I run 37s on 2.5 inches.

Gearing - no. You want minimum 4.56, even 4.88.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Did you install the spacers front and rear? I have same lift and it's sagging. Was wondering if you noticed any changes in the ride with spacers?
only a 1" spacer up front. I did it at the same time i did the lift, so cant really comment on the ride before/after. Typically a spacer is not going to affect ride quality much/at all since it doesn't change the springs and shocks in any way.

Interesting that it is sagging, this is the first ive heard of anyone say it is sagging. What year? 2 door? 4 door?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yes totally possible with flats, I ran 2" front and 2" rear for more than a year with 35"s, zero issues. Couple of weeks ago I changed my front springs to get another extra inch in the front, so now I'm at 3" front, and 2" in the back, mostly because I was looking for a more level look, but you can do 35's all day long with 2" lift with flats and 2" bumpstops.

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
You can run 35 with no lift and flats. With the right flats you can run 37's and no lift. Your biggest issue will be gearing. Depending on where you live and how you use the Jeep will determine how much of an issue it will be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
only a 1" spacer up front. I did it at the same time i did the lift, so cant really comment on the ride before/after. Typically a spacer is not going to affect ride quality much/at all since it doesn't change the springs and shocks in any way.

Interesting that it is sagging, this is the first ive heard of anyone say it is sagging. What year? 2 door? 4 door?
It's a 2016 2 door. I have had the rear springs replaced twice under warranty. Only thing I have is the spare tire on the rear. No heavy bumpers. And this is the newer 2in lift kit with drive shaft.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,843 Posts
Are 35s with a 2' lift possible on a 2017 Rubicon Jku auto with 3.73?

Uh, no. 2' lift, or 24" is a bit excessive for a 3.73. :)

But, a 2" lift? It is completely possible. It will not behave like the 3.73 31" OEM set up you bought it with, but it will work fine. It will behave a bit of a dog, but as long as you are good with that, you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the posts, I really appreciate all the advice. Sounds like I should have upgraded to the 4:1 gears for future mods. I wish it was standard like on the manual.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's a 2016 2 door. I have had the rear springs replaced twice under warranty. Only thing I have is the spare tire on the rear. No heavy bumpers. And this is the newer 2in lift kit with drive shaft.

Interesting. I wonder if the 2 door uses a lower spring rate spring that is prone to fatigue. That sucks I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
Thanks for all the posts, I really appreciate all the advice. Sounds like I should have upgraded to the 4:1 gears for future mods. I wish it was standard like on the manual.
Even 4.10's are not optimal. Might work if you live in Florida but if you are in Colorado it will suck. Think 4.56 or 4.88 depending on where you live.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have 2.5 lift and before the new gears I ran the 3.73 with the KO2 35s. It was nice on the 1/4 mile of highway that is flat but with the hills around here, I barely saw OD. On the way to work (down in elevation) I would get 19-20mpg. Going back home 15-16mpg and the power was weak. Now with the 4.56s I get 17-18 constantly. It stays in OD even on the trip on the way home (uphill).

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I am running 35" with the Teraflex puck leveling kit. Took it out trail and mud on the weekend no problems. Don't climb rocks. I am looking at the Bushwacker Flat fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again, I'm starting to understand that if I plan on spending this kind of money it would be better to get a little more than I think I'll need and sacrifice a little then not enough and be sorry later. Appreciate the feedback and guidance.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I would say you were smart sticking to the 3.73's which is also what I did in my RHR when I ordered it.

Most state even the 4.10's aren't nearly enough for 35's with a auto box thus to me you would of been throwing that $1,100 away for the factory gearing upgrade.

I will deal with 3.73's and 35's for a while until I can afford a regear

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I would say you were smart sticking to the 3.73's which is also what I did in my RHR when I ordered it.

Most state even the 4.10's aren't nearly enough for 35's with a auto box thus to me you would of been throwing that $1,100 away for the factory gearing upgrade.

I will deal with 3.73's and 35's for a while until I can afford a regear

I'm inclined to agree. I mentioned 3.73s being a dog and that needs some clarification. Acceleration from a stop is fine. And even getting onto the freeway it's fine when you are winding out the RPMs. The issue is when you are at a given cruising speed (any speed really) and you want to accelerate. There is just no acceleration in gears 4 and 5. I've had cruise set on the freeway at 70 and it drop down to 2nd gear to hold speeds on a hill. I notice a lot of times in going 60 on the freeway because I have lost so much speed and the slight increase to 65 requires way too much throttle input.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts