Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm running 315's that stick out about an inch past the fenders. So my jeep gets a lot of mud and dirt sprayed up onto the sides. I'm sure everyone else has this problem too if you're running stock fenders. Does it hurt the paint to let that happen? I'm inclined to think it's fine instead of spending almost $600 on new fenders. Just curious as to what your opinion's are to getting wider fender flares. Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Jeep likes to be dirty so I've learned not to fight it and just let it happen... She is sexier when dirty anyways.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I take it easy on gravel. That can give you some nasties.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm running 315's that stick out about an inch past the fenders. So my jeep gets a lot of mud and dirt sprayed up onto the sides. I'm sure everyone else has this problem too if you're running stock fenders. Does it hurt the paint to let that happen? I'm inclined to think it's fine instead of spending almost $600 on new fenders. Just curious as to what your opinion's are to getting wider fender flares. Thanks
My front tires are only covered by about an inch of fender, I just roll with it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The legality depends on the state you live in. Here in Indiana, I've seen buggies and sand rails with license plates...if you'll pay the taxes and insurance, they'll let you drive it. I know some of the more...Liberal...states have much more restrictive laws on vehicular modifications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts