Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a rear bumper made & its another $40.00 or so for D rings.Its got a 2" hitch in it.Are they useful or just Jeep jewelry?

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
I use mine to tie down the Jeep on the trailer.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wont be trailering it.Im starting to think in my case they would be just for "show",no real purpose.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
1jeeplvr said:
Could the receiver be used for a recovery point?
Yes. But you will regret not ordering them, trust me. Make sure they are welded through though

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
D rings can come in handy if your stuck on a hill and someone is trying to pull you and are trying keep your back end from slidind anymore. If you tie onto the one that is on the down hill side and pull it can help keep the rear from sliding. And then there are those times that you are stuck in mud and its up to your rear bumper. Its real nice to have something to tie onto thats not under the mud.
To me they are worth every penny. But do you have to have them... No. Heck Im still rocking the stock rear bumper, but when I do make up my mind witch one Im going to run you can bet your butt its going to have good D ring mounts on it. But if I thought Id never need them I dont guess Id even buy a set becouse I dont even leave the ones on my front bumper on when Im not using them. They stay in my tool bag in the back of the jeep so that way they wont grow legs and walk off as easy.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I kick myself for not having D-Rings installed, if only because I would like another solid point to hang my winch cable from.

·
Jeeper
1,282 Posts
1jeeplvr said:
Sure it could. There is something my dad told me a while back that kinda stuck: always have a plan b. You wont have to worry about leaving the hitch for the receiver home, and 2 D loops are 2 more recovery points....

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've used my receiver shackle at least once every time I've done a trail. Sure it doesn't allow for angled pulls like having one on each side of the bumper would, but that hasn't been an issue so far.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm sure you must have heard the old saying:

It's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I've got two front and two rear. For all the reasons stated above.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure you must have heard the old saying:

It's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.
Yeah true.Guess thats why I own guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts