Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I'm new to Wrangler ownership and have been cruising this board. I've noticed that a number of people refer to their Wrangler with "she" and "her" terms. What's with that? I always thought of Jeeps as sort of masculine. Maybe I was wrong.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Because you fall in love with it and in turn spend infinite amounts of money trying to make it better and stay with you as long as possible.

You ride it hard and sometimes treat it like shit, but love it with all your heart.

Eventually it gets old and breaks down on you, but you love it just the same.

How could it be anything other than a woman?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Because you fall in love with it and in turn spend infinite amounts of money trying to make it better and stay with you as long as possible.

You ride it hard and sometimes treat it like shit, but love it with all your heart.

Eventually it gets old and breaks down on you, but you love it just the same.

How could it be anything other than a woman?
lol, most get tired of it and trade it in for a younger model.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Followup question:
Is it wrong to name all your vehicles "The Hematoma" ?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Most of my vehicles have been female but a few have been male. Just like anything else, check between the rear wheels.

The Jeep I have now is male, Snoopy. My Power Wagon was male, Thor. My JK before that was female, Guenevere.
Thor broke down a lot and Guenevere was a bit of a slut but I drove the hell out of both of them. Snoopy is the best though.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've never actually named them but I've always referred to my vehicles as "she". Spent much of my former career driving a ladder truck that was all but 50 feet long and 12 feet high. Still a "she," LOL.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I see jeeps as masculine and have always thought it to be odd that people give them female names.

I have always given my Jeeps masculine names.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree with the nautical theory, but I usually end up naming vehicles after other things or events. Grey Ghost, Batmobile, Tank, Jalopy, Cherk, et...

I'm still waiting for mine to earn it's name. It's primarily used for commuting to the beach and is starting to accumulate lots of sand. I've also noticed some rust already from getting caught in the rain. Crusty is starting to come to mind...

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Scary thought..... I just realized when I talk dirty to my Jeep the suspension seems to "stiffen" :eek: OMG! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I gotta go take a bath now.....

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
...a number of people refer to their Wrangler with "she" and "her" terms. What's with that? I always thought of Jeeps as sort of masculine.
She was a fine ship, she was, but a trifle on the feminine side.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts