Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the JKs with a 430N radio head pre-wired to the rear for a backup camera?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
No

Reactions: WaltA

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Which camera you gonna go with? I want to add a camera to mine. I was looking at 2020 Gladiators with cameras front and rear :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the Brandmotion. I'm just looking at a rear camera for backing due to the visibility issue. The big struggle for me has been camera placement. Do I want the spare tire mount or license plate mount?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would recommend the spare tire mount. it's centered, and relatively high up which provides a good view all around. The license plate mount will see behind, but will also be blocked to the far left side by the spare tire.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
No JK was ever built with a backup camera. I added mine with dealer flash and Qteck camera and wiring. No issues. Mounted in spare tire.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I too added a backup camera to my Jeep. Mine is mounted off the spare, I used the Alpine harness to hook into my 430N. Running the wires and hooking up power/ground is simple. There are many threads and YouTube videos on the process. Now is a perfect opportunity to pickup OBD JScan and a Bluetooth obd2 dongle. JScan can activate the camera and do so much more for the same or less money the dealer will charge. You will not regret doing it yourself with JScan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My concern with the spare tire mount was not having a tire cover. I guess with larger tires I wouldn't have a cover anyway.

Hey jeep63, Where did you get the JScan and dongle?

·
Registered
172 Posts
My concern with the spare tire mount was not having a tire cover. I guess with larger tires I wouldn't have a cover anyway.

Hey jeep63, Where did you get the JScan and dongle?
Jscan on app store, dongle on Amazon, I did the ICarPro, all in for both like $40

1 - 12 of 12 Posts