Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my stock 88 I have a dana 30 and a dana 35 axle. I am looking at going with a 3.5 inch lift with 33 tires. The engine is an in line 6, will the axles be good to go or will I need to change them out?

I am on the trail, not as much as I would like to be, but I do some moderate wheeling.

Thanks....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lift Any Good???

Looking at the Fabtech 3.5 lift for my 88... Any opinons on this lift????

Thanks

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
If you are going to keep the 35 open (not locked) and running 33's then I would say you will be good to go. Of course the disclaimer is that anything can and will break, but with that setup you should be okay.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
I ran 33's on my YJ for a year with an open 35c axle and had 2 bent shafts to show for it. I never broke anything, but definitely needed 2 shafts. But it was a great excuse to put a High Pinion Currie with an ARB and disc brakes in the rear! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
carry spares for the rear, c-clips suck....and put high quality u-joints in the front (spicer or moog, no chain store junk)....

It really depends on your wheelin style and type...if you wheel hard and are mostly in rocks, them axles are not gonna last long....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts