Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't wanna be laughed off the trail but I need a side step more than I do protection from rocks as I'm 5'5 and my jeep has a 4inch lift from PO and 35' tires. Plus I still have original rear axle so I'm not doing any crazy wheeling until that's replaced anyway. Thanks

Ive been looking for rocker guards or rock sliders that'd ma manage as a step too but nothing reasonable price wise is available

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
What did u buy then...
I ended up getting ahold of 20' of 4" 1/4" thick angle iron and made my own. A friend of mine actually has the Smittybilt version of the ones I posted, and they seem to do quite well. His wife is 5'2" and uses them as a step, and I've seen them hit rocks multiple times, with nothing but some scratches.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a fair warning from my experience with those. I bought the exact same ones and 4 months later the tub was bent and broken from em. With them facing down any rock or ground I hit caused it to bend. It bent around till it broke the tub. I anchored the back bolts as well so it couldn't rip through but after awhile it did.
That same seller has side steps for a little more but they hook into the tub mount on the frame and bolt to the tub. Those held up great for me. http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=170701206949

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
K117, I can't get your link to open, but I'm guessing they are normal angle iron-style sliders with a step? That is also the route I would go, but if the OP is wanting a step, the steps on those aren't much lower than the door anyway.

·
Registered
107 Posts
K117, I can't get your link to open, but I'm guessing they are normal angle iron-style sliders with a step? That is also the route I would go, but if the OP is wanting a step, the steps on those aren't much lower than the door anyway.
Sorry if the link doesn't work I'm on my mobile. It has 7 bolts that go on the tub. Then it has a mount that goes to the center body mount on the frame. Then a step bar on the side.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have had E-Autogrilles products before and they are great!!! On my JKU I had sliders, front and rear bumpers and on my 91 YJ I had a front bumper... No issues out of any of them. You will be impressed with the quality of the product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts