Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace all the seats in my 4 door, not sure if a pull from 2 door would work.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No. They are completely different.

The 2 door rear seat is a 1 piece unit that is designed to be easily removed.

The 4 door rear seat is a 2 piece unit (60/40 split) that is not designed to be removed, but folded down.

·
Retired Moderator
100,753 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is correct the rear seats are different but I believe the fronts are identical to the two door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
It is correct the rear seats are different but I believe the fronts are identical to the two door.

The front seats in a JK are different than a JKU. The JK seats have a tilt and fold mechanism, where the JKU seats just fold forward. The mounting points might be the same, i'm not sure about that. Definitely different seats, though. There are brackets for mounting things underneath JKU front seats (amps, subs, compressors) which don't work on JK's due to the tilt and fold mechanism.

·
Registered
241 Posts

The fronts on a two door tumble forward to allow rear passenger access, the 4 doors don’t. The chair portion may be the same, but the tracks are not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts