Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing out my UJoints this weekend and when I was taking out the speed sensors they snapped off... On both sides. Obviously they control the ABS system. But the jeep will run without them, correct?

2012 jks

·
Registered
783 Posts
It'll run with no abs, and most likely flash an abs light at you. I've had them break on my work trucks, made the breaks really touchy, like they would just lock-up right away. I'd fix it if it were me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll run with no abs, and most likely flash an abs light at you. I've had them break on my work trucks, made the breaks really touchy, like they would just lock-up right away. I'd fix it if it were me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I plan on it. Just don't have the time right now.
Took them to a shop to press out the UJoints and they told me I'd have to replace the whole hub. So it might take a bit of time to get the pieces out.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The Sensors are used for the ESP/ERM/BAS and speed sensing as well. Plenty of lights. The system will fight you for a bit. It may apply the brakes on slight turns. New hubs come with new sensors.

Bob

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sensors are used for the ESP/ERM/BAS and speed sensing as well. Plenty of lights. The system will fight you for a bit. It may apply the brakes on slight turns. New hubs come with new sensors. Bob
thanks. I'll try to salvage what I have still

·
Registered
24 Posts
Autozone has front and rear sensors. They are $17 apiece roughly. You do not need to buy the whole hub. You need a new shop. They are trying to make their mortgage payment off you. Lol.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
When hubs go bad they eat the sensors. That's how I know when it is time to replace them. Running 37's shortens their lifespan considerably.

Bob

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Autozone has front and rear sensors. They are $17 apiece roughly. You do not need to buy the whole hub. You need a new shop. They are trying to make their mortgage payment off you. Lol.
well I'm the shop so yeah... And they were fine until they snapped off in the hub. That's why I might need a new hub. It all depends if I can manage to pull out the piece that's still in the hub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts