Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, but they look like it. Looks like the rail on the bottom is sitting with the pinch seam cover pointed down.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to tell from the picture, but they look like it. Looks like the rail on the bottom is sitting with the pinch seam cover pointed down.
Ya it is hard to tell. I called the guy and he is clueless what they are or what they're called. What threw me off was in the header listing for the add it says "nerf rails." They also look short.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
I googled Arctic Edition, and every photo I saw shows a SAHARA-based model with side steps, no rock rails.

Way too many inconsistencies: "nerf bars"; "2014 Arctic" Edition; and crummy photos.

Either this guy is another clueless Toyota driver, or these are NOT Rubicon rails.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm betting he meant polar edition and not arctic. A quick google search shows that they can come with either the rock rails or the side steps.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Hmmm, so we BET he means "Polar Edition", we BET he means "Rock Rails", and we BET those pictures match a Rubicon set?

He BETS they came off his "girlfriend's" vehicle... --and I BET with her "consent"

They may very well be Rubicon Rails; but I'd approach this fellow with skepticism.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
The discussion going on is whether those on the CL pix are the "original" Rubicon kind --the ones that weigh half.
+1

The Hard Rocks come with the Mopar rails, not the stock Rubicon ones.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 The Hard Rocks come with the Mopar rails, not the stock Rubicon ones.
the hard rocks come with Mopar ENHANCED Rubicon Rails. These pictured are Mopar rubicon rails. The enhanced ones are welded by AEV Or ARB. I think AEV. They are regular Rubicon rails with another tube welded on.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hmmm, so we BET he means "Polar Edition", we BET he means "Rock Rails", and we BET those pictures match a Rubicon set?

He BETS they came off his "girlfriend's" vehicle... --and I BET with her "consent"

They may very well be Rubicon Rails; but I'd approach this fellow with skepticism.
Wow paranoid much? I agree that ANYTHING on craigslist should be checked out but the post is really not all the suspicious looking, to me at least. Someone posted above what the "nerf bars" are which is basically just another term for the rock rails. The pictures are exactly what they look like too. True, I guess they could be a knock off like smitty bilt that look the same but those are definitely the standard rubicon rails as far as looks go. Also, the OP is clearly looking at it on his phone which is why the pictures look small and crappy. Just saying I wouldn't completely dismiss it just because he said arctic and not polar.

·
Nature Photog and Jeeper
2,981 Posts

If nothing else we've at least established questions that the OP can go back to the seller with to help clarify what's for sale.

Its quite possible the person selling them actually has very little knowledge of more current Jeep things - hell its not easy to keep track of the various editions that they have year to year recently....

Just my $.02 :beerdrinking:

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Wow paranoid much? I agree that ANYTHING on craigslist should be checked out but the post is really not all the suspicious looking, to me at least. Someone posted above what the "nerf bars" are which is basically just another term for the rock rails. The pictures are exactly what they look like too. True, I guess they could be a knock off like smitty bilt that look the same but those are definitely the standard rubicon rails as far as looks go. Also, the OP is clearly looking at it on his phone which is why the pictures look small and crappy. Just saying I wouldn't completely dismiss it just because he said arctic and not polar.
Please re-read my post. I am not dismissing anything.

Just pointing out the obvious: at best this guy is clueless; at worst...[fill in the blanks]. This is CL after all.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
if nothing else we've at least established questions that the op can go back to the seller with to help clarify what's for sale.

Its quite possible the person selling them actually has very little knowledge of more current jeep things - hell its not easy to keep track of the various editions that they have year to year recently....

Just my $.02 :beerdrinking:
^^^ x2

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
the hard rocks come with Mopar ENHANCED Rubicon Rails. These pictured are Mopar rubicon rails. The enhanced ones are welded by AEV Or ARB. I think AEV. They are regular Rubicon rails with another tube welded on.
Yup.

I bought these "Enhanced" rock rails thinking they may make it easier for my parents to get in and out of my lifted 2012 JKUR.

Several things became apparent:

1. These "enhanced" rails weigh TWICE as much as the original Rubicon rails
  2. Those "enhanced" side rails are too small to serve as steps
  3. Those "enhanced" side rails look cool, but they will show when it's been banged up on the trail faster than the original rails
  4. Did I mention they weight TWICE as much...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts