Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My comfort level gets checked at about 72 mph, starts dropping at 75 and disappears completely by 80 mph. I usually stay at 80 just long enough to pass.
The wind has a lot of influence also. We aren't very aerodynamic, are we?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Speed limit here is 75 and mine seems to do fine there and maybe a touch more to pass. We do get big wind storms here from time to time and that will slow the Jeep down some. New springs and shocks so that may make a difference. Waiting on front end steering parts before alignment. Then it will feel like a slot car, I am sure! (HA! Sarcasm)

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I Love doing 80-85 with the flow of traffic...…In my Honda...

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
80 would be a no go for me. It is straight and 'relatively' smooth but all of my senses are screaming no. I feel that if I did DD it then I'm sure 75-80 would eventually be less uncomfortable. Of course I wouldn't DD anything that old.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
When my YJ was stock yes but with 35's it would be a little sketchy

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
With no sway bar? Hell no!!! With my sway bar? Hell no!! Haha

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I do 80 - 100 with no problem. Not for 200 miles in a stretch, but 10 to 20 min. there is no problem at all. If you build it as rock crawler, don't do it.

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Mine rocks like a dingy at 70-75 since I removed the front traction bar. I have no desire to even go over 70 anyway, doubt I can do 80.

I will feel easier once the ball joints, tie rods, wheel hubs, all that are replaced.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Oh 80 is almost impossible to achieve, Wind has to be just right. You would have to be going down a very steep grade to hit 100 in one of these

·
Registered
252 Posts
80 isn't bad at all on 4 lane roads, speed limiter won't let me past 98.

Still running an anti-swaybar, and I've considered putting the track bar back on the front axle. 2.5" soft ride and 30" tires on stock wheels.

Added a bunch of Velcro to attach the Safari top to the sport bar bracing overhead, dramatic improvement in top flop at speed.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Sonofabitch I HATE going 80 or less!!!!

Standard cruise control speed on a road trip is 83 w regular 90 plus passing runs....

1 - 20 of 182 Posts