Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Lift is done. Now I have a noise like something is rubbing from the front end and my steering is horrible. I drove the thing without changing my pitman arm and no steeering stabilizer and it was fine. Change the pitman arm and now the thing is all over the road like a drunken sailor and my steering is off by a few degrees :mad:

I was thinking of getting an alignment to help with steering issues.....you guys ever run into this?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
First off, how much lift did you put on? Alignment and recentering of the wheel is pretty standard for any lift on the YJ anyway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put in a 4" spring lift....first time trying this...I apologize for th constant questions in doing this. A bit skittish the first go around.;)

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
definately get the alignment done, cuz that lift will change things. then see how it is from there.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
yeah and remember the springs hold your axle to your frame so chuck the track bar, so taht way your suspension works more independently from each other, versus the track bar holding it up....more flex!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could just be me but the steering seems very sensitive. And the jeep wants to veer to the right, not bad but noticable. The sway bar is gone, could this contribute to my steering dillema?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts