Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who ever wondered what a $100 POR-15 puddle looks like...

You might be thinking, "it doesn't look like that much spilled" but it is over 1/2" deep in some spots. Kitty litter and misting with water kept it contained. I was able to start chiseling it up after 12 hours! But it smells worse again now chopping it up.

...the wife is not very pleased with the smell...I think I'm sleeping in the basement tonight.

DAMN! $100 down the tubes...

--Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Go get more that would make a great floor sealer. :D

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
nick50471 said:
Go get more that would make a great floor sealer. :D
X2! The concrete will never rust!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh! how did that happen?
I have to plead the 5th on that one.

Well, it was about 1:30 am and I remembered the power steering bracket I was to reinstall today and how I missed a spot when I painted it last week. I couldn't stop thinking that I had to get it taken care of so it would be dry in time. I opened the POR-15 in the basement (remember it is 1:30 in the morning so I was tired) for a very quick dab of the brush and ...no, no wait...it was aliens and they held me at laser gun point and tried to force me to paint their tiny, rusty ship in my basement. yeh, that's what happened--aliens. I told them not to open it in the house but they wouldn't listen...the rest is history.

-Doug

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Haha, that reminds me of the time I was in the desert anD saw this strange light in the shy...funny, I don't remember anything after that until I woke up in the morning... Hummmmm???

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
...did you notice anything else ...strange.....like a couple of small incisions, a tiny lump....the urge to spend increasing amounts of time and money with your Wrangler?.....

·
Registered
562 Posts
That sucks!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got a pint sized stain of the same variety on my floor. Poured some into a styrofoam coffee cup and resealed the original container, painted something on the underside of my car and left it sitting there. Left for lunch or something, came back and discovered the por-15 melts styrofoam. :doh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At least you got a garage.....I'm stuck doing everything in the driveway :/

That's a bummer. When I got married we lived in apartments and I had to work in the parking lot. (I learned that extensive automotive repairs are frowned upon by apartment complex management)

When we bought our house my wife knew that we had to look at the garage first! :thumb: If the garage was small we didn't go any farther.

--Doug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah my first house is gonna need a garage because I like to do stuff late at night and neighbors don't like it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts