Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have the army star decals on there doors and hood, if so pictures are awesome and I'd love to know what size you went with

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,806 Posts
I bought mine as a set: USMC Military Jeep Decals decal stars restoration Willys M37 M38 - $28.99 : House of Grafx, Your One Stop Vinyl Graphics Shop
It comes with Marine Corps decals, but all I wanted were the stars:
(1) 20" star with circle
(2) 16" stars with circle
(2) 6" stars with circle
(2) UNITED STATES MARINE CORP decals 2" x 26" long
(2) U.S.M.C decals 1.7" x 8" long

You can also get them singular from here: Military-Graphics Decals Stickers Medals Awards Insignia Vinyl Graphics - Home

You can't tell from this pic, but I have a large star on the hood:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beastmaster said:
I bought mine as a set: USMC Military Jeep Decals decal stars restoration Willys M37 M38 - $28.99 : House of Grafx, Your One Stop Vinyl Graphics Shop
It comes with Marine Corps decals, but all I wanted were the stars:
(1) 20" star with circle
(2) 16" stars with circle
(2) 6" stars with circle
(2) UNITED STATES MARINE CORP decals 2" x 26" long
(2) U.S.M.C decals 1.7" x 8" long

You can also get them singular from here: Military-Graphics Decals Stickers Medals Awards Insignia Vinyl Graphics - Home

You can't tell from this pic, but I have a large star on the hood:
Ahh,I love that dude, do you think it will look stupid to get black stars on a red jeep?

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,806 Posts
Ahh,I love that dude, do you think it will look stupid to get black stars on a red jeep?
Personally . . . I think it sounds good.
There have been haters that say the only Jeeps that sould have stars are some shade of brown or green. I dissagree and think it looks good on any Jeep.
Just a thought, gray might look even better. It's all up to you and how you want your rig to look.
If you have photoshop or something like it, maybe you can play with the colors.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beastmaster said:
Personally . . . I think it sounds good.
There have been haters that say the only Jeeps that sould have stars are some shade of brown or green. I dissagree and think it looks good on any Jeep.
Just a thought, gray might look even better. It's all up to you and how you want your rig to look.
If you have photoshop or something like it, maybe you can play with the colors.
Yeah for sure, I think I might do it how long did it take to ship

·
Registered
93 Posts
Beastmaster
Can you advise the quality of the decals? I've seen so many decals that dry out, crack and peal over time. Do you think that they will last for the life of the vehicle?

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,806 Posts
Beastmaster
Can you advise the quality of the decals? I've seen so many decals that dry out, crack and peal over time. Do you think that they will last for the life of the vehicle?
That's hard to say because much of it depends on things like where the Jeep is stored, weather, quality of decals, etc. I expect them to last for at least few years but I wouldn't expect a real long time. Most vinyl stickers are UV treated now adays and last a while.
To give an example; I wanted to change my lettering to a more authentic stencil pattern. I'd had them on my rig for about 9 months and my Jeep is kept outside in the harsh Arizona sun. I peeled the old ones off and they were as flexable as the day I put them on.
This is something interesting I may research. I'll see if I can check with some dealers and see what they have to say.

Short answer: This is a guess, but I'd expect them to last 5 or 6 years :thumb:

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,806 Posts
As beastmaster states the vinyl should at the very least last you 5 years minimum, depending on the quality of the vinyl. - you can always ask what brand they use, but even the cheap cheap stuff is rated for 5 years outdoor, 7 years indoor
Thanks for the confirmation. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts