Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

I got sucked in by a thread on axle damage and ordered the Artec JK Front Axle Armor Kit.

This is a good time for armor, because I just had the lift done, and I need an alignment anyway. (500 miles after lift and tighten all control arm bolts)

It consists of-

1/4" and 10 gauge (.130") mild steel. Precision CNC cut and bent for great fitment.*
Truss is low profile to allow clearance above the axle.
Truss spans length of long side AND short side.
Truss is reinforced using interlocked 10 gauge thick gussets for maximum strength and easy assembly.
Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleaker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.
1/4" thick CNC laser cut and bent knuckle gussets, LCA skids, and HD Tracbar bracket ensure easy install to replace or reinforce those weak factory components.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the factory TB bracket stay in place.
This kit is completely modular. You can get different parts and the trackbar is a great example.

My RK 2.5 x-factor lift, replaced my trackbar with an Rk trackbar that looks like a hockey stick. So it uses the factory level trackbar bracket.(not raised) If you have a different 2.5 lift with a flat track bar, (raised bracket) they would give you a different trackbar HD bracket. They have different trackbar brackets for factory level, 2.5'' lifts, 3.5'' lifts, etc.

My suggestion is to call them and tell them exactly what lift you have and weather or not your trackbar bracket has been replaced. They will give you the correct trackbar bracket for your lift.

OR you can not use their bracket and buy the rest of the pieces. They sell the kit, but also they sell each individual piece so if there is something you dont want, you dont have to buy it. And the parts work if you dont get them all, Meaning, the truss will work with the stock Trackbar bracket if you dont want their bracket, etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Robo-axle. Definitely subscribed...

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This kit is getting delivered today, and the more i look at the intructions the more I want to have a shop install it.

I'm searching for a good shop now that wont kill my budget. Ill post pics when I unbox the kit later today.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Well, ask them if they will do a write up! ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Subscribed!!

Very interested to see how this goes! I want to make sure when I start my build I do it right and safe.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
This kit is getting delivered today, and the more i look at the intructions the more I want to have a shop install it.

I'm searching for a good shop now that wont kill my budget. Ill post pics when I unbox the kit later today.
Good luck. I just got quoted over $1100 to install the RockSlide bombshell kit yesterday.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
artec Axle Armor

I have the kit and just waiting til the 14th to get it welded on. I've spoken several times with Artie at the company, he swears that this thing is twice as strong as sleeves. I already have EVO C gussets on, and after this I'm done and will call it a day and see how it does. I think it's going to look bad ass!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So after you get this thing welded on and you go from a 2.5" lift to something else, do you have to cut it off because of the track bar bracket?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same axle armor kit, which is getting welded today. So far the quality of this truss is excellent. I will post after it is welded.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would you be better off at least initially getting an upgraded axle like the pr44 vs aftermarket modifications. Or would you still need to mod the axle?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
kjeeper10;2731460There is got to be a negative ??[/QUOTE said:
The only things I can see are weight, complexity and lots of good places for stuff to hide. If we want to get crazy looking for weird stuff to complain about the doors are open much wider. By putting all of the bracing on top the shear center of the axle will be changed which will change how loads are transmitted to other parts of the axle, but as strong as it will be it won't really matter.

he swears that this thing is twice as strong as sleeves.
I think he's being modest. That is many times stronger than sleeves. At least vertically.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
We did that on a guys dana 30 a couple of weeks ago. Very nice kit indeed.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Weight

Only weighs.9.5 pounds!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Where did the 9.5 lb figure come from? I'm pretty skeptical of that number. It only takes 115 sq" of 1/4" plate to add up to 9.5 lbs and about twice as much 10 gauge. There is a lot of metal in that kit. I suspect the TB bracket is 6-8 lbs by itself and about the same for the C gussets. Then all the rest on top of that. I was expecting 25 or 30 lbs.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.