Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! New to the forum and was wondering if any of y'all could help me out? I have smittybilt flats installed on my JKU and was wondering if there's any issues installing Artecs inners with them? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I can't speak to the smitty flats, but I had to do a little bit of trimming to get them to fit my Poison Spyders. Can't see how you couldn't make them work.

They are pretty simple. The only thing the instructions say regarding compatibility is that they will not work with factory flares.

Still need to paint....lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak to the smitty flats, but I had to do a little bit of trimming to get them to fit my Poison Spyders. Can't see how you couldn't make them work.

They are pretty simple. The only thing the instructions say regarding compatibility is that they will not work with factory flares.

Still need to paint....lol.
Thanks for the info! I'm sure I can make them work, I was just curious if there were any major problems

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had a few bolt holes that didn't quite line up due to the fender design. Nothing a drill couldn't fix. I had to trim around the front marker light a bit but that was it. Really if it weren't for that it would have taken about 10 minutes to install them.

You will have to drill a couple of holes and install some nutzerts, but the cheap little install tool comes with. Just have to be kind of careful with it when installing.

I have a good nutzert tool, but with my fenders already installed I couldn't get it into the tight spots, so had to use the provided one.

Oh, and they are aluminum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts