Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am gathering everything I need to do some mods to our new 2016 JKR. This will be our "forever" Jeep and I want things done right the first time. I am running 33s and will never get bigger than 35s, if I ever go there at all.

The front diff is pretty set, but I am trying to sort out the rear. I'll be welding on a set of Atrec spring perches clocked to the ideal position for my drive shaft and lift dimensions. I'm also going to do a set of Artec rear LCA brackets as well. Like everything Jeep, I found myself wondering; is there much benefit to trussing the rear diff on a JKR?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be staying with the basic short arm design and chalk this brilliant idea up to excessive exuberance! No rear truss!

Thanks Ken!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chromoly axle shaft in the rear. The front is where the effort beefing it up (gussets/truss) is better spent.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chromoly axle shaft in the rear. The front is where the effort beefing it up (gussets/truss) is better spent.
I'm going to do this upgrade, but push it back on the timeline a bit.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are installing (welding) it in your self, I did it on mine. Cheep insurance.
I am doing all the install myself. I didn't have a torch setup for preheat, but I do now.

I'll be doing all the welding. Inner Cs, the truss, HD TB bracket on the front end. Spring perches, LCA brackets, and HD TB bracket on the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts