Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will not give out the name of the magazine, I was actually thinking of signing up for it, although I have been buying a couple over the counter. Anyways, the writer from the magazine was listing basically bad things about new jeep owners, he had I believe 10 things he disliked about us! Some things about acting like a good spotter when actually they don't know any thing lol well, I say, if you don't know who it that is spotting for you and you follow his/her directions, you more stupid then they are. Any ways, he mentions how basically he hate those who can't work on their own jeeps and hates those who doesn't want to get them damaged,dented and or broken lol. Not everyone who spend 26 thousand or more wants to go out and wrecks their jeeps and still have to pay for them. Neither does everyone want to go out rock crawling or take their jeeps out repelling over a cliff, ect ect. Yet, some of us want to be able to get out closer to those locations to see those who do, some of us want to go out into areas, where our 2wheel drive trucks can't take us to go hunting. Or even to go out and take our wifes out in the middle of no where to fool around with less chance of getting stuck. So what if we can't work on our own jeeps, with all the computers on them now, you probably can not work on them now either!!! If you start hating other people who own jeeps because, they don't measure up, don't be surprised if your magazine goes out of circulation. Besides you really don't want new readers anyways, because they are too stupid really, to understand what it is, that you are writing about in the first place!! Wow, I wrote this much have 12 hrs shift and a couple of beers, I must be ***** lol:popcorn:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know I am going to get thrashed for this but..............

That guy is an example of the reason I don't get into the Jeep wave. I've come across too many people like him in the "Jeeping" community. I've heard, first and second hand, too many people trying to qualify their or my existence in the community with too many ifs. If it's lifted, locked or this type of tire or that type. If you built it yourself or "bought" it.

The way I see it, if someone is good people and they are like minded in what they like to do for fun what difference should all the "ifs" make? Last I knew, it was the Jeep Community and nothing more or nothing less and I don't recall seeing any kind of contractual modification stipulations on becoming or staying a member.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for clarifying about the beers and 12 hour shift. I WAS going to ask if he hated us for our bad spelling and grammar.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Screw the writer....

I purchased my Jeep because it is the only American made, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, convertible on the planet.

I work on my on bike. My Jeep won't be lifted or locked....it mall crawls.

My cash....my happiness....

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Nothing worse than a crappy spotter, especially one that tells you left and means his left not yours......that was big pucker moment

·
Registered
208 Posts
Screw the writer....

I purchased my Jeep because it is the only American made, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, convertible on the planet.

I work on my on bike. My Jeep won't be lifted or locked....it mall crawls.

My cash....my happiness....

Me too!:punk:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I worked on my Scrambler...I worked on my TJ. I don't think I'll be doing much of my own work on the JK unless I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's a computer on wheels. Personally, I go everywhere I want in the Moab backcountry and still keep my jeeps looking like new...no scratches, dings, dents, etc. It's called careful and skillful driving. The first place I visit when I get back to town is the car wash. All of my vehicles look like new when I sell them and the price I get reflects that. You don't have to trash a jeep to enjoy it. A trashed jeep is not a badge of honor...it's a monument to stupidity, carelessness, and poor driving skills.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Moabite said:
I worked on my Scrambler...I worked on my TJ. I don't think I'll be doing much of my own work on the JK unless I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's a computer on wheels. Personally, I go everywhere I want in the Moab backcountry and still keep my jeeps looking like new...no scratches, dings, dents, etc. It's called careful and skillful driving. The first place I visit when I get back to town is the car wash. All of my vehicles look like new when I sell them and the price I get reflects that. You don't have to trash a jeep to enjoy it. A trashed jeep is not a badge of honor...it's a monument to stupidity, carelessness, and poor driving skills.
Well put my friend

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Nothing worse than a crappy spotter, especially one that tells you left and means his left not yours......that was big pucker moment
Agreed. Your spotter should always be giving BIG, emphatic hand/arm signals...not just verbal communication, grimaces, or tiny finger-pointing gestures. If you don't know your spotter, have a quick 2-minute briefing on what you expect from him/her and show that person the line you want to take on the obstacle.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I read the same article nov issue JP mag and I personally agree with article it basically tells you not to be a dick. Does not matter if you have 40 years experience or 4 days experience it all applies. Read the article when you are sobber you will see it in a different light.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I know I am going to get thrashed for this but..............

That guy is an example of the reason I don't get into the Jeep wave. I've come across too many people like him in the "Jeeping" community.
I was reading something on an HD forum about some idiot ranting that he doesn't wave because he's not part of "the botherhood" and he's not like the rest of the people in the community.

The problem with that is that you are part of the community and you're guilty by association. All it takes is for one person to act like an idiot to affect the opinionof other not in our communities and give us a bad name. Like if they saw a group of HD riders leaving a bar after drinking just to go ride to another bar or a group of Jeep people tearing up trails and dumping trash where ever they felt like it. That's not necessarily the rest of us, but if other people see that, they'll not expect anything different.

This is why trails get shut down and legislation against loud pipes get passed. The responsible among us need to show that we truly are responsible and have respect for other people around us while doing what we love to do or eventually what we love to do won't be legal.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Screw the writer....

this! 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, american, top off, doors off, and accessories galore!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Agreed. Your spotter should always be giving BIG, emphatic hand/arm signals...not just verbal communication, grimaces, or tiny finger-pointing gestures. If you don't know your spotter, have a quick 2-minute briefing on what you expect from him/her and show that person the line you want to take on the obstacle.
I always use hand gestures. I always tell the person little hand gestures mean little corrections, big hand gestures mean big corrections. When speaking I always tell them to turn driver or passenger rather than left or right. I look at him and I see the driver on the right so I say turn driver. He hears driver and knows to turn left without either of us having to really think about it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
OP, the way to get rid of guys like that is by not BUYING his freaking stupid magazine. The same way we vote people in and out of office :whistling:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts